LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Networking
User Name
Password
Linux - Networking This forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2001, 01:10 PM   #1
Phillip Hess
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Question

I have installed Red Hat 7.1 in a dual boot configuration with Windows 2000. On my network I have a Windows 98 machine that is my print server. How do I get Linux to mount the printer on my 98 machine so I can print?

Thanks for the help

Old 05-18-2001, 01:45 PM   #2
pikachu66
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Wink

Hi

There is a printtool in linux, you probably have to run it as root. printtool is a graphical configuration tool, there aren't that many box for you to work on, play around and you should have it all figure. One thing, there is a selection box on the top right hand corner, you should select windows printer (smb XXX). the rest I think you should have no problem.

Have fun

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search