LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Networking
User Name
Password
Linux - Networking This forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2001, 02:04 PM   #1
dilberim82

Distribution: used to be Redhat, now Debian Sarge

Rep: Reputation: 30

hey,
I downloaded a form processor program from the net and i installed it and put all the files where they are supposed to be. Now, when i put the form on my webpage, i have to give the full path of the perl program. The question is how do i give the full path of the program. Should i say "http://myip/root/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/form_processor.pl" or what? I tried like everything i can not seem to figure it out.

Old 06-09-2001, 02:23 PM   #2
mcleodnine

Distribution: s l a c k w a r e

Rep: Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally posted by dilberim82
hey,
I downloaded a form processor program from the net and i installed it and put all the files where they are supposed to be. Now, when i put the form on my webpage, i have to give the full path of the perl program. The question is how do i give the full path of the program. Should i say "http://myip/root/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/form_processor.pl" or what? I tried like everything i can not seem to figure it out.
Check that the permissions for the 'form_processor.pl' are owned by <whoever is supposed to on them> (wwwrun/nogroup on my cgi-bin stuff)

Where did you put the pl script?

Old 06-09-2001, 11:46 PM   #3
dilberim82

Original Poster
I put the pl file in the cgi-bin. its located in /root/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin and the permissions are ok. thanks for the reply.

Old 06-09-2001, 11:57 PM   #4
mcleodnine

Distribution: s l a c k w a r e

Rep: Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally posted by dilberim82
I put the pl file in the cgi-bin. its located in /root/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin and the permissions are ok. thanks for the reply.
why under /root?

what is your DocumentRoot setup in httpd.conf?

Old 06-10-2001, 12:02 PM   #5
dilberim82

Original Poster
My document root is */usr/local/apache2/htdocs*
and the cgi-bin is in htdocs so i thouhgt i should just put
http://myip/cgi-bin/form_processor.pl but it does not work. Thanks for replying.