LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Networking
User Name
Password
Linux - Networking This forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2001, 11:30 AM   #1
newguy1976
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Cool

Yesterday I posted a question about how to edit and create new DNS records. I got a reply (edit /etc/named.conf and /var/named/"name of your server"), but I'd like to know more. Are there man pages about DNS? I'd also like to know the specific function of /etc/named.conf and /var/named/"whatever". Any help is greatly appreciated.

newguy1976

Old 01-05-2001, 09:36 PM   #2
ssadams

Distribution: slackware 7.1

Rep: Reputation: 15
I was short on time yesterday.There is documentation in /usr/doc/bind... which is quite technical.You can also find a good howto at http://www.linuxdoc.org just do a search for dns or bind.Also I found a spot dns_howto that might be helpfull and a bit of an easier read.
Hope this is helpfull