LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General
User Name
Password
Linux - General This Linux forum is for general Linux questions and discussion.
If it is Linux Related and doesn't seem to fit in any other forum then this is the place.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2001, 05:28 AM   #1
tchumatu
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Question

how can I make it work under RH 7? I know it is a winmodem, but i also know there are some drivers available. I tried some but they were for kernel 2.2.14 an I have 2.2.16. The patch doesn't work, although it sais it should. It says something about not finding a file that however exists. What can I do??? I'm sick of using Gates' products. Help me!!!

Old 03-16-2001, 06:20 PM   #2
CragStar

Distribution: Ubuntu

Rep: Reputation: 47
Question

Have you checked the linmodem How-to for information on using the drivers? You can find it at http://www.linuxdoc.org in the How-to section.

Old 03-20-2001, 08:14 PM   #3
ejtbrown

Distribution: RedHat 6.0 & RedHat 7.0

Rep: Reputation: 15
Take a look at http://www.linmodems.org. They have links to almost all of the WinModem drivers available at this time.

Old 03-29-2002, 12:18 PM   #4
screwball
LQ Newbie

Distribution: RH9

Question conexant HSF Debian

I am new to linux, i cannot find any Debian linux drivers for my HSF Conexant 56K PCI modem, the only drivers i found was for RedHat and Mandrake but as they are RPM and not DEB files i could not use them... since i cannot connect with my linux, all the files i port to linux have to be downloaded and placed on a 1.44 floppy... also it is a desktop home computer so i am not connected to any network but my PCI network card is already installed and useable...
The conexant website has drivers for RH and Mandrake as well as all other sites that ive found, nothing available for debian.

anyways.. anyone know where i can get the Conexant HSF driver?
please please please help

Old 03-29-2002, 01:29 PM   #5
concoran

Distribution: XP,Ubuntu 9

Rep: Reputation: 30
Try this link. It's in French but shouldn't matter.
http://www.olitec.com/pci56kv2.html

Old 03-29-2002, 01:31 PM   #6
screwball
LQ Newbie

nope i already tried the french website and after unzipping the files they are files with no extension or not-recognized extension like RPM

Old 03-29-2002, 03:43 PM   #7
CragStar

Distribution: Ubuntu

Rep: Reputation: 47
Doesn't debian have a command (alien I think its called??) that can convert an rpm to a .deb?

Old 03-29-2002, 04:32 PM   #8
screwball
LQ Newbie

alien is a downloadable file and is not included with a base install like mine.... but as i dont have dial-up access with my linux, i am unable to get it

Old 04-02-2002, 07:23 PM   #9
ejtbrown

Distribution: RedHat 6.0 & RedHat 7.0

Rep: Reputation: 15
Take a look at http://www.conexant.com:80/cnxt/customer/md_faqs.htm

It has information on generic drivers published by Conexant.

Old 04-03-2002, 06:12 AM   #10
safrout

Distribution: Gentoo

Rep: Reputation: 30
hey........

i am also a newbie
but i have conexant HSF modem
i was abl to make it run on redhat 7.1 and mandrake 8.1 but after changing the kernel to 2.2.14

Old 04-04-2002, 08:02 PM   #11
screwball
LQ Newbie

conexant HSF

ok.... i got alien working, managed to mount my windows hard drive and able to pull files off of it so i can download files into a folder that my linux recognizes.... i got alien working and rpm but when i tried to convert the hsflinmodem.rpm file with rpm and alien, there were 2 files that it wasnt able to convert so it was aborted... i still have the folders and a few of the files but i am still unable to get it working.. theres files called hsfconfig but its not for ae and i cant install it, and a few others in folders usr, bin, sbin and something else.... so i think for the time being, anythime i need somethiing i will download it to my windows hard drive and then pull it off of there and install from there... but i would still liek to get it working and useable so i can put my experinces and how i did it on my website.... its not a business or a plug but its on geocities and ends with /jollygiantsd... i am just putting stuff there for now until i get linux going the way i want then i will convert to HTML when i can...

so any other suggestions for my Conexant HSF modem???

alien and rpm doesnt work, no cd burner, no network connection, no original debian install CD

again, any other suggestions for my Conexant HSF modem?