LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General
User Name
Password
Linux - General This Linux forum is for general Linux questions and discussion.
If it is Linux Related and doesn't seem to fit in any other forum then this is the place.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2001, 07:06 PM   #1
dilberim82

Distribution: used to be Redhat, now Debian Sarge

Rep: Reputation: 30

ok the command make is not installed on my comp and i have been trying to put it on it ever since i installed Mandrake. I tried everything and i read almost everything. It comes with the extension tar.gz and i unzip it first and then untar it go to the same directory and type ./configure and it gives me errors. I dont understand what i am doing wrong. Is there any rpms for it? If i can not do it i am thinking about uninstalling it and installing it back. Can somebody please help me soon before i go crazy?

Old 05-23-2001, 07:38 AM   #2
NGene

Distribution: Ubuntu

Rep: Reputation: 16
Lightbulb

It can be quite tricky to compile anything if you even haven't got the compiler installed... BTW, if you get errors when doing ./configure, you're not doing anything wrong, you probably just don't have some libraries or programs that it needs. It might be a good idea to post the errors here if you ask help with ./configure errors.

But, about your make problem. I made a search at rpmfind.net for you and found this. There you have a list of rpms for make, just choose the one that suits you best.

You probably also want to install the gcc package (again, search rpmfind.net) if you don't already have it installed.

I hope this was any help.

Old 05-23-2001, 10:15 AM   #3
dilberim82

Distribution: used to be Redhat, now Debian Sarge

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Wink thanks

Thanks alot. I think i solved my problem and I successfully installed mozilla yesterday after suffering from Netscape. Instead of downloading the rpm packages i updated my whole library and i installed everything that was on the Mandrake CD. Thanks for your reply, it helped me with a couple of other problems .