See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    root

Device(s)
    Galaxy S III, Nexus 5

Welcome to AndroidQuestions.org

I'd like to welcome you to AndroidQuestions.org - the second site in The Questions Network. If you have an account at LinuxQuestions.org, you already have an account here. We're still getting setup so this site should still be considered in BETA. We're interested in any feedback you may have, from site design and forum categories to bug reports and feature requests.

--jeremy

root

Device(s)
    Galaxy S III, Nexus 5

Original Poster
    A couple notes:

* While registration here at AndroidQuestions.org is currently disabled, as noted your existing LQ account information will work here. If you have javascript enabled, you should be automatically logged in.

* While this site is now live and you are welcome to post, the site is still very much in BETA. We're *very* interested in feedback about the site. While bug reports are crucial at this stage, we're also interested in feature requests and general comments on site design and anything else you think is important.

* We're also interested in feedback on the current forum layout from a category perspective. We're going to try to shy away from a forum per device setup, but it's possible what we currently have will need some tweaking.

* Keep in mind that some of where you see here is what you can expect for the next iteration of LQ. While that's quite a way off timewise, it will allow us to refine what we have before rolling it out to LQ.

* An Android App for this site will be coming very soon.

* Stay tuned for more announcements about The Questions Network

--jeremy

1 members found this post helpful.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Hi Jeremy,

In two words: very nice! Nice and fresh layout, colors and functionality. I'll be sure to visit from time and time. What I'm missing at first glance is an editor bar like we have on LQ. If I want to emphasize something do I type the code blocks as indicated in BB Code? Or is an advanced editor on the way?

Kind regards,

Eric

Great idea. I don't currently have an Android device but it I can see myself buying one in the future. Now I know where to go to discuss it and get advice.

Also love the look and feel. Good luck with this latest endeavour, though judging by your success with LinuxQuestions I don't think you'll need luck.

I like the site and its kind of pastel colours (well, apart from that yellow/red combo in the strip saying about the registration being disabled - but I understand it's just there temporarily)

Do you have a rough idea when the site goes live? - I've already a question about rooting Android. LOL

root

Device(s)
    Galaxy S III, Nexus 5

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorex View Post
    Do you have a rough idea when the site goes live? - I've already a question about rooting Android. LOL
    While it's only been rolled out to a very small number of people, the site is "live" now.

--jeremy

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Hi Jeremy,

Another thing that draws my attention. On LQ I don't 'suffer' from advertisement since I'm a registered user. Here I am too I think but yet I see the ads. Is this a temporary issue or will advertisement be included always, and in future on LQ too if you apply this layout there?

Kind regards,

Eric

Thanks Jeremy. What I meant was when the site is going to be open to public for registration.

I don't know if you care about IE7 support, but just to let you know that I'm now viewing the site at work via Internet Explorer 7 and noticed that on the right-hand side the module titles: Main Menu, Advertisement, My AQ and Syndicate are not visible. Just the titles/headers - the modules themselves are displayed correctly. In place of the titles there are gray boxes. The fold/unfold buttons are ok.

First impression:

The overall look I like. Nice colour schema and intuitive. I'll have a better and deeper look this weekend.

I do run into a glitch: Pressing the green +Reply to Thread button produces a page freeze on opera and Iceweasel.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    looks good on my motorola Xoom. Will there be a single app for both sites, Linux and Android?
    I don't see a need for an app for use on the tablet. I would like the app for my droid x but I would like to be able to opt out for use on my tablet soon

Last edited by john test; 05-25-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: To add content

root

Device(s)
    Galaxy S III, Nexus 5

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by druuna View Post
    First impression:

The overall look I like. Nice colour schema and intuitive. I'll have a better and deeper look this weekend..
    Thanks. As you have a better look around, let us know what you think and what issues you run into.

Quote Originally Posted by druuna View Post
    I do run into a glitch: Pressing the green +Reply to Thread button produces a page freeze on opera and Iceweasel.
    The new WYSIWYG editor is still being worked on and will be updated again soon.

--jeremy

root

Device(s)
    Galaxy S III, Nexus 5

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by john test View Post
    looks good on my motorolaXoom. Will there be a single app for both sites, Linux and Android?
    Unfortunately not at the time - there will be separate LQ and AQ apps.

--jeremy

Well, after an unfortunate glitch, here I am Haven't looked around too much yet, but what I've seen so far, I like

Looks quite nice to me too. One thing, though: the AQ "logo" on top (the four androids, of which the last one seems to have figured out something fancy) is quite large in the vertical direction, taking roughly 20% of the screen estate on my current display. I reckon at LQ the space is slightly smaller (not much, but little), and although I do like the looks of it, I think people would appreciate if the actual content, the threads, could put some of that space into good use. Tiny screens like those of cellphones (/"smart" phones) are probably suffering the most, but luckily on Android the app approach probably helps (right?) However I think some users may be using cellphone-size displays to view this forum, and for those it could be an issue in the long run--most browsers start up by showing the beginning of the page first, which means the logo will fill up the screen at first, requiring scrolling.

Other than that, super. I think I just saw a message telling me this quick reply was autosaved...sweet Keep up the good work!

It seems as prejudice against meego platform (forgotten). M? Both are mobile Linux stacks.