See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Advise on starting android app development...

Hi Guys,

I would like to start developing android applications for fun...(atleast for now) ) . Could you advise what programming languages are commonly used by developers ? is there a cross platform language that i can use so that i can have the app work with IOS too ?

Forgive My Noobness )

Thank You
    Sam Pappachan

Device(s)
    HTC G2
    Quote Originally Posted by sampappachan_nyc View Post
    I would like to start developing android applications for fun...(atleast for now) ) . Could you advise what programming languages are commonly used by developers ?
    You will use the Java programming language to develop Android apps. See the Android Hello World Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by sampappachan_nyc View Post
    is there a cross platform language that i can use so that i can have the app work with IOS too ?
    Generally developers must create two separate apps - one for Android and one for iPhone. There are some 3rd party tools you can use to develop an app for both, but it looks like they might violate Apple's terms. Read this thread at Stack Overflow.

-badtea

1 members found this post helpful.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid (original)
    Yeah you will mostly need to use Java oriented tools.
    However the Native Development Kit (NDK) can assist you with using C code in Android if you already have a bunch of C code under your belt with iOS.

1 members found this post helpful.