Is there a way to project the androids screen onto a bigger screen

Much like apple's aireplay and such I want to be able to make what is on the screen on my tables at the current moment be displayed on the screen of the computer in which I connect it to. How do I go about doing this and what type of app do I need to install in the tablet and the computer in order for this to work.

Preferably I would like to know how to do this in Linux but if that's too much to ask for than I may settle for windows. I like linux because of tiled displays and I want to make what is on my tablet project-able to a parallel GPU system.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    I have a Mini HDMI connetor on my Android Tablet. That allows me to put my display on any device with an HDMI input. I am pretty sure that my Droidx has the same connector. Cables were available at radio shack, compusa and best buy.

I have a nexus 7 which has no connections on it (as far as I know) I have noticed people displaying what they IPADS have on them wirelessly through a hub you connect to the display. I am wondering If i can do the same thing with a pc runnign a program that can display what is being displayed on the tablets screen.

Try using the Chrome Remote Desktop extension to Google Chrome browser on both machines.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    if your television is DLNA capable then you would be able to use DLNA to display your videos and slide shows.