Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: The IO Ticket Contest
05-25-2011, 12:10 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2011
The IO Ticket Contest
When Google I/O sold out so fast, were kicking around ideas for how to get some of our ticket reserve into the hands of our favorite people: Dedicated developers. Someone floated the idea of a contest, so we had to pull one together double-quick. You can read the questions and first-round answers here.
We thought you would enjoy some statistics, mostly rounded-off:
- 2,800 people visited the contest page.
- 360 people tried answering the questions.
- 1 person got all six right.
- 200 people did well enough to get into Round 2.
- 70 people submitted apps.
- 38 of the apps worked well enough to be worth considering.
- 10 apps (exactly) got a “Nice” rating from the first-cut reviewer.
So, our thanks to the people who put in the work, and a particular tip of the hat to the deranged hackers er I mean creative developers who built three particularly-outstanding apps:
First, to Kris Jurgowski, who pulled an all-nighter and wrote a nifty little app... on a Motorola CLIQ running Android 1.5! Next, to Heliodor Jalba, whose app had some gravity-warping extras and was less than 11K in size. And finally, to Charles Vaughn, whose app included a hilarious “Party Mode” that brought a smile to everyone’s face.