See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Native Android AndroidQuestions.org App

I'm happy to announce that the first version of the Native Android AndroidQuestions.org App has been released. Visit https://market.android.com/details?i...etin.build_866 (or market://details?id=com.vbulletin.build_866 if you're browsing from your phone). As this is the first release, we're very interested in feedback and suggestions.

--jeremy

so far looks good

The only thing coming into my mind right now is that my eyes were looking for the reply button from the bottom at first, where there are some clickables like "refresh", and it took a sec to locate the thing from the top corner. I guess this is just something to get used to, after learning that buttons are usually at the bottom.

The app itself seems good and looks clear. Keep up the good work

Looks very nice, Jeremy, great work and one of the 'cleanest' looking Android apps that I have seen yet. Keep up the good work, I love the fact that you can go anywhere and have pretty much the same functionality on the phone that you do online (so many are just 'watered down' versions of the online sibling), but with AQ.org the app seems just as functional as the site itself (not being negative about the site, just positive on the app Will be checking in with it daily!!!

Earl
    akaKingESS

BTW: What did you use to develop the app?

Last edited by akakingess; 06-24-2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Additional Question...

Now that I've used this AQ app a bit, I've noticed that the screen is quite filled up at least on Desire on the "home" screen on landscape orientation. At the top there is this Home-banner, then Welcome-banner and logout button, then barely two content rows (e.g., thread titles), then ads, then filtering and content type buttons. On "normal" orientation this is usable, but in the landscape mode there should be more space for the actual content (thread titles). I reckon the ads are untouchable, but maybe the top portion could be squeezed thinner? This is not so much of a problem elsewhere than in the initial home screen, though.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    I'd agree that the home screen is not very well suited for landscape orientation. it's possible we'll try to address that in a future version, but for now I'd suggest sticking to portrait on that one screen. Thanks for the feedback.

--jeremy

Device(s)
    Droidx running rooted 596 deodexed waiting for stable cyanogen
    Well I went to the market to download your app, but when I looked at the permissions, I didn't install.why do your need access to my phone and location? Epic fail, sorry jeremy, but your need to fix that

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    *EPIC* fail? That seems a bit harsh. As explained at http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...ml#post4340665 the permissions are the result of the framework we use to build the app. We'll continue to try to get some of these reduced, but in the mean time you're of course free to not use the app. Thanks for the feedback.

--jeremy

G'day jeremy - ignore my other post. This app is *much* more user friendly than the normal HTML interface on a tablet.
    Looks good to me.

Maybe I'm missing somethng, but how does one go about creating a new thread (from the app) ?

Device(s)
    Droidx running rooted 596 deodexed waiting for stable cyanogen
    Well maybe "epic"was a little harsh, lol its just that the android market Is so full of junk apps that I have got in the habit of scrutinizing permissions
    The market is not like our beloved linux repositorys

Device(s)
    Palm Pre Plus
    new user here and not yet
    an Android user.. I use a Palm Pre Plus and I am considering changing. Where do I find user who root and modify their devices?

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    One thing I have noticed about the AQ app is that it doesn't save my login credentials. I have to input them each time I start the app. Is that by design?

I like the app otherwise BTW, very nice clean design.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    That is not by design and it's not something I'm able to replicate. Is this happening to any other members?

--jeremy

Yeah Jeremy, it is happening to me as well, which is one of the reasons I haven't been using it daily as I had originally intended.

Earl

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    If I "close" the app by hitting the home button (really leaving it running) It leaves me logged in.

The way I replicate it is open app, login as normal, after using it I "close" using the back button. I am taken to a screen that asks if I would like to log out. If I choose no, it takes me back to the home screen. If I choose yes, the app closes. I suppose I am logging myself out, but it wouldn't seem to be required to logout to close the app.