Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113TS

Unhappy Quick question about rooting & Odin *-Samsung Gal. tab 2 7.0-*

I am currently in the process of rooting my Galaxy tablet. However I think I may have hit a slight snag. I am following the advice of a few how-to's (all following just about the same steps),and they all recommended using Odin3 V1.85 to flash recovery, Which I am, I have the proper tar.md5 as far as I know ... and all files are proper for my model (as far as I know) ... and that brings me to the question Odin3 is taking FOREVER, I have read that it takes 3 or so minutes to flash. I have been waiting for some time now with this looking me in the face:

Code:
    <ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    I did everything in the order layed out in the guide, IE; 1) Start phone in download mode 2) Lauch odin, select PDA, select tar.md5 file 3)Plug in phone 4)after the tablet is recognized press START.

And then I get stuck at SetupConnection.

Would it be a good idea to unplug and retry? Or could that damage the system somehow?

So that's my Odin question, as for my rooting question:
    Is rooting worth this hassle?

Rooting is good fun on Tab 2, the tab suffers from little internal storage, user accesible is around 4Gb. it pays to get rid of bloat. I filashed Cyanogenmod rom 10.1nightly within a week of buying the tab, Jelly Bean impressed me

root or not to root is a question best answered yourself, do you like stable, supported with warranty and secure tab? then rooting is not for you.
    i got my tab for tinkering with, nothing serious, data backed up if i brick it or well.. it was cheap anyways

which guide are you following?