Cool Trouble when setting up Android SDK. Help?

Hey Everyone,

I'm a newbie Android developer, but I was having trouble setting up the Android SDK on my computer. I've downloaded the Android SDK, and now I'm trying to get the other packages that comes with the SDK with the Android SDK and AVD Manager. When trying to install a particular package from the GUI, I get "Failed to create directory android-sdk-linux_x86/temp". This folder is not in root, so I'm not sure why I can't create the directory. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks in advance!
    Geet

Use "su" to get root access and open from Terminal.
    eg:
    > su
    > enter your root pw.
    > ./android

Original Poster
    Thanks for the response. I was able to run the GUI without su by just clicking on the android shell script file. I'd originally tried running "./android" under root, but I got an exception. I'd posted on another forum asking why this was happening and I was told that no GUI application would ever be given root permission because it might cause trouble. Running "./android" without su started up the app without any trouble. My problem was after the app was running, it wasn't able to create directories when I was trying to update the sdk via the app.

Anyway, I was able to get this working by just re-extracting from the original sdk tgz file that I downloaded from the android website. I'm guessing something went wrong in the original extraction process.... :-/ Not sure. Anyway, it's working now.