Thread: Memory Useage

Memory Useage

I recently bought an HTC Wildfire, I've loaded a number of apps, most of which are moved to the SD card. However I seem to have only 60 MB of memory left. Although everything seems to run OK, are there any memory issues with Android phones in general?

In general, not really, with individual manufacturers, there could be. The issue you are seeing is a limited amount of internal storage, and not all apps will install to sd.

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    The process in Froyo (Android 2.2) that allows apps to be moved to the SD card is "less than perfect" to be polite.
    It only allows a small portion of the app to be moved, this coupled with the low memory specs for your phone (512Mb) sets you up for the low memory problems. I have a Desire (similar memory size) and my answer was to root, format a EXT3 partition on the SD card, and flash a custom ROM that supports apps2sd. The result is I have over 60 apps installed and still have 150Mb of internal memory!

how to root

Quote Originally Posted by AsusDave View Post
    The process in Froyo (Android 2.2) that allows apps to be moved to the SD card is "less than perfect" to be polite.
    It only allows a small portion of the app to be moved, this coupled with the low memory specs for your phone (512Mb) sets you up for the low memory problems. I have a Desire (similar memory size) and my answer was to root, format a EXT3 partition on the SD card, and flash a custom ROM that supports apps2sd. The result is I have over 60 apps installed and still have 150Mb of internal memory!
    Hi,
    this sounds great as I keep getting the "low memory" message repeatedly.

1. should the same work on Wildfire?
    2. would you be so kind to describe in more details how to root, format and especcialy flash a custom ROM?

Thanks
    Filip