Sorry if this has already been answered, but I've been out of the loop lately...

After developing an Android app, what is the best way to test it, i.e. a desktop emulator, etc. How do y'all do most of your testing for your Android apps before actually making it available publicly online? I am getting a couple of steps closer and it might be time to do some pretty extensive testing before I would feel comfortable (if that is even possible, feeling comfortable with it anyway). Thanks again in advance for any suggestions/comments you are able to give, and thanks for your time.

Earl
    akaKingESS

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    I think the technical answer is the developer phone from Google.
    A lot of devs either use their phone or they get something like a G1 for testing.

HTH
    Dave

Thanks for the reply AsusDave, but is that an emulator that I can use, or an actual physical device that I would need to purchase? I was just hoping that somebody had developed (Google for instance) some sort of desktop emulator/simulator for testing purposes. It would be a little annoying to have to install something on my own device to find out there was a bug, then uninstall and reinstall and over and over until I was happy with the way it was running. Thanks again for the input.

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    The developer phone is something you purchase.

The sdk from google does contain an emulator, but I have never used it.

On the limited development I have done, I used my phone.

HTH
    Dave

Last edited by AsusDave; 07-30-2011 at 07:13 AM.

What about the Goldfish? It is an emulator for ARM926T(ARMV5) instruction set and it is based on Qemu and libSDL. Ther are input/output devices, such as keyboard and LCD screen on it.