Question Huawei u9805 Honory 2 ???

Howdy folks,
    I hope I don't botch anything here being I didn't verse myself on the rules first!

Being the answers are likely quicker to come to me here I've decided to post up before returning a Huawei u9805 that showed up at my door today. It's Saturday evening and I will not be likely able to contact them until Monday.

So first of all, I paid for a disc for rooting of this phone and I am left to believe the money went to the retailer/distributor/manufacturer for rooting the phone as I have SU rights as far as I know. This is my first smart Android phone and being Superuser is listed in the Apps, this is where I get this idea of having Superuser rights?

A hand crank battery charger didn't show up in the package with the phone but this is beyond the more important points as to my concerns.

Is it customary the tape seals on the box the phone comes in would have been opened before the phone got to me being it is somewhat rooted?

The text editor is still in Chinese and the GPS is in Chinese as well. As well I have tried the Help section in this phone and it is in Chinese as well. I think I better through another as well in here just for good measure!

I'm glad I didn't have to cut down my sim card at least! I have installed the sim card and made a few phone calls that were clear and to my liking although pictures by way of text message will not send nor receive with this phone. If being a Straight Talk customer would be the issue I would understand although I doubt it and I am no where near any bandwidth limitation that would have me throttled back or shut down on my data.

While I wait for an answer here if you folks would be so kind I'll be off to do some research on rooting/Superuser...

Thank you for any information you may be able to supply,
    Wylie

Quote Originally Posted by 640rider View Post
    Howdy folks,
    I hope I don't botch anything here being I didn't verse myself on the rules first!

Being the answers are likely quicker to come to me here I've decided to post up before returning a Huawei u9805 that showed up at my door today. It's Saturday evening and I will not be likely able to contact them until Monday.

So first of all, I paid for a disc for rooting of this phone and I am left to believe the money went to the retailer/distributor/manufacturer for rooting the phone as I have SU rights as far as I know. This is my first smart Android phone and being Superuser is listed in the Apps, this is where I get this idea of having Superuser rights?

A hand crank battery charger didn't show up in the package with the phone but this is beyond the more important points as to my concerns.

Is it customary the tape seals on the box the phone comes in would have been opened before the phone got to me being it is somewhat rooted?

The text editor is still in Chinese and the GPS is in Chinese as well. As well I have tried the Help section in this phone and it is in Chinese as well. I think I better through another as well in here just for good measure!

I'm glad I didn't have to cut down my sim card at least! I have installed the sim card and made a few phone calls that were clear and to my liking although pictures by way of text message will not send nor receive with this phone. If being a Straight Talk customer would be the issue I would understand although I doubt it and I am no where near any bandwidth limitation that would have me throttled back or shut down on my data.

While I wait for an answer here if you folks would be so kind I'll be off to do some research on rooting/Superuser...

Thank you for any information you may be able to supply,
    Wylie
    Edit:
    I'll be, this phone is completely rooted, as an virus protection I swapped out for a Chinese version informed me. I've found that a few of the hurdles were strictly Chinese so I ran around them instead of trying to over come them. The text editor just needed the multiple language version of the same which was a free download.

I guess I should have dug into the logs to see when whatever was done with this was done. Note to self!

The GPS was an easy fix but new turf for me, a few free Google/map/navigator... downloads and I'm good to go anywhere, well I guess as long as I save the maps to where I'm going first. The phone has a GPS chip set but some phones rely on phone signals for maps as I have seen with some.

I forgot to mention I purchased this phone just before Straight Talk started doing something with their sim cards that wasn't good for a lot of folks trying to upgrade their phones. Sorry that was a few years back and another brief learning period that has slipped between the memory seems.

I am now narrowed down mms's, still no picture by way of text although if memory serves me the Straight Talk phone I bought may have taken a few days for this originally. APN's have been a thought I have almost attempted and backed off just to see if it may take a few days. That could have been a Boost Mobile phone that took a few days too, I went through a bunch in a short period of time so they're all kinda mixed together now.

With any luck this phone will be as fully functional as can be expected of a Straight Talk simmed phone before Monday, never could see the purpose in a front facing camera in a phone sold by a company that didn't offer the service to go with the front facing camera.

I'm thinking the worst part of this process was dealing with Windows during the process.

No suggestions on mms so huh?