Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II

this site needs more exposure

HI,

well AQ appears to be a great site just like its sister site LQ however , does still lack quite a lot of attention and exposure.
    what this is site really needs at the moment is more users ...

for comparison : LQ has appr 1000 users active at any time while AQ only has around 20 .

and btw why do some forums here require mod supervision ?

cheers

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    Quote Originally Posted by entz View Post
    well AQ appears to be a great site just like its sister site LQ however , does still lack quite a lot of attention and exposure.
    what this is site really needs at the moment is more users ...

for comparison : LQ has appr 1000 users active at any time while AQ only has around 20 .
    I'd agree, but to be fair LQ has been around for over 11 years and AQ has only been around a few months. If you have any ideas on how to better promote the site, let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by entz View Post
    and btw why do some forums here require mod supervision ?
    I'm not sure what you mean. The only forum that requires posts be approved before they appears is the News forum, and that is by design.

--jeremy

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    I'd agree, but to be fair LQ has been around for over 11 years and AQ has only been around a few months. If you have any ideas on how to better promote the site, let us know.
    well i'd say that putting an offtopic forum shall greatly increase the amount of traffic on this site , i also suggest that you connect LQ and AQ as much as possible in order to channel some of the traffic over here.
    for instance , i suggest that you mirror the off-topic forum on LQ over here at AQ so that all posts over there will show up on here as well and vice versa .

additionally you might consider linking the account on LQ and AQ together , for example any private messages that are sent to your account on LQ would show here ...etc

needless to say, is that traffic increases exponentially because visitors bring in more visitors , you also need to put effort into things that keep users on the site as long as possible.

I'm not sure what you mean. The only forum that requires posts be approved before they appears is the News forum, and that is by design.

--jeremy
    well i've posted a thread in the Android Phone -> Samsung Forum which has not showed up yet because it requires mod approval.

on another issue , i think we need an "Android General" forum which is meant for anything that other forums don't explicitly cover , this should be distinct from the "Android Phone" forum because the latter should dedicated to discussing the hardware devices themselves or a particular phone brand that is not HTC , LG , Motorila or Samsung.

cheers

Last edited by entz; 07-28-2011 at 11:21 AM.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    A few comments:

* I addressed the off-topic suggestion in the "forum suggestion" thread.
    * LQ and AQ accounts are currently linked, although PM's from one site do not show up at another. As more sites join the network it's likely we'll implement some kind of Global Inbox.
    * Your post appears as expected for me. http://www.androidquestions.org/thre...ng-Galaxy-S-II
    * Can you think of a realistic question that would not fit within the current fora hierarchy?

Thanks for the feedback.

--jeremy

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II

Original Poster
    * I addressed the off-topic suggestion in the "forum suggestion" thread.
    ok
    * LQ and AQ accounts are currently linked, although PM's from one site do not show up at another. As more sites join the network it's likely we'll implement some kind of Global Inbox.
    Fair enough.
    * Your post appears as expected for me. http://www.androidquestions.org/thre...ng-Galaxy-S-II
    well i swear that when i posted the thread it said it shall NOT be visible until a mod approves it , also have a look at this search link
    http://www.androidquestions.org/sear...?searchid=8380
    you can see that my samsung thread appears AFTER (at least it does so as i'm writing this) this thread which should not be the case (although the timestamp suggest otherwise) since it was my first thread , also when i posted my second thread in the member intro forum , my post count appeared as 1 rather as 2.
    strangely enough my post count has now been incremented after the thread became visible.
    * Can you think of a realistic question that would not fit within the current fora hierarchy?
    well since you asked , there are tons of them here are 2 examples :
    a thread about Android vs IOS
    a thread about the future of android (or mobile technology in general) and how it will impact our daily lives or change the way we use computers ...etc
    threads like that are endless and there are definitely even many more threads or topics that neither I or You could specifically account for , because they haven't occured to anybody yet so leaving space for those unexpected questions would be a reasonable decision .

Last edited by entz; 07-28-2011 at 08:05 PM.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    Android General has been added.

--jeremy

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II

Original Poster
    Sweet !