Question Problem with taking backup on SE Xperia pro

Hey there folks! Here I'm havin' a bit of a problem. I'll explain-

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia pro phone, which runs on 2.3 Gingerbread. I'm planning on updating this upto 4.0 ICS. Before that, I want to backup all my contacts on my computer. But, I can't find any decent computer application with which I can do that. Does anybody have any idea about any such software?

Need help with this folks, thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    Your contacts should be listed in your google account. Log into gmail and look in your contacts on a PC. They should be listed there.

If you want, you can export your contact list from gmail to a csv file and you can back it up however you choose.

HTH
    Dave

I know that Dave, but that wasn't the questions. I've got contacts on my mobile, such as phone numbers, email address, social network IDs etc. I wanna know if there's any way to copy them to a computer, and later restore them. I am a new android user, so I really don't have any idea if there's any such way. Do you know any such way?

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    You can use a program such as MyBackup Pro to backup contacts (and pictures, media, SMS/MMS, etc.) to either your external SD card (which can then be copied to your computer if desired) or to a couple online options which you can directly restore from.

--jeremy

Yeah I can save it online, like my Google contacts. But I want to keep the contacts, they are the most important to me. I want to keep them locally, in my computer. I want to do this because internet connectivity is really a big problem here at my place. So uploading or downloading takes a bit longer, and often fails. That's why the local saving option will be a life saver solution for me.

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    In your contacts, you should be able to go into the menu and choose to export your contacts to the sd card.
    Once you have this done, just copy the file from your sd card to the computer of your choice.

HTH
    Dave