See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II

Battery discharges too fast !

hello,

i'm noticing that my phone's battery is discharging very fast within 12 hrs max ...

is this normal ? because i don't think that is practical ...
    besides , what do you guys think about charging the device from the USB port (i'm using my laptop as power source ...poor thing)
    i've heard that it's slower than charging it directly from a dedicated USB charger.

cheers

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    There should be some things you can do to improve your battery life.
    Turn off the following unless you are using them:
    Wi-Fi (big battery user)
    Bluetooth
    GPS (another big one and if you are indoors often, it probably doesn't work anyway)

You can also lower your screen brightness and reduce your screen time out limit. Also check the settings for your widgets, you may have them updating too often.

Remember, anything that is running is pulling energy from somewhere.

Charging from USB is slower due to lower current being supplied by your USB port.

HTH
    Dave

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II

Original Poster
    Alright , what is the average battery life to be extended on this device?
    can i expect 24 hrs of battery discharge time or is that too much to ask ?

cheers

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    To be honest, it depends on your location in relation to a cell tower and usage.
    If your handset stays in high power to keep contact with the tower, you will always have battery life issues.

The other thing is the more you use it, the less battery will last.

24 hours isn't impossible, but most folks just plug in at night and it's OK.

HTH
    Dave

1 members found this post helpful.

And I think you can take claimed battery life with a huge pinch of salt - just like the claimed consumption figures for cars!

(The claimed stand-by time for the GT-i5800 is 620 hours. Mine last about 5 days, mostly on stand-by, which is little better than a tenth...)

Hello, new here. My Huwawei Ideos (aka T-Mobile Comet) has recently begun discharging the battery very quickly.

I notice lots of apps auto start, very quickly after I manually "stop all programs". Stuff that has no reasonable need
    to be running, like Settings, Email, Tether and Google Search.

I've tried turning off 3g and 2g, even going Airplane Mode.

The last thing I did was remove the GO Dialer and GO Contacts in hope that was the culprit. I'm hoping to find a solution for this.

Home Key->Menu Key->Settings Item->Scroll Down to "About Phone" item->Battery->Battery Use Item

Almost always my "display" using the most.

In addition to having a USB cable at work, home and in my car.... I also carry this beast around....
    http://www.thetraveleditor.com/artic...le_phones.html

Quote Originally Posted by dkathrens77 View Post
    Hello, new here. My Huwawei Ideos (aka T-Mobile Comet) has recently begun discharging the battery very quickly.

I notice lots of apps auto start, very quickly after I manually "stop all programs". Stuff that has no reasonable need
    to be running, like Settings, Email, Tether and Google Search.
    Try Home->Menu->Settings->Power->Fast Boot Tick it on.

Device(s)
    Motorola Triumph Android 2.2.2
    Try using JuiceDefender, other apps like AdjBrightness, AndroidAssistant, Autostarts, AutoKiller Memory ptimizer can all help.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

Thanks for the suggestions. But I want to know what changed to make my battery start discharging so rapidly.

The trouble with shotgun fixes is you don't really learn much about the problem.

If I turn off the 3G networking (why is there not a button for this in the power control panel?) and keep the screen brightness at minimum (unless I am outdoor, though that is not often) I get 2 1/2 days from My Samsung Galaxy 2S

After networking and GPS, the display is the next big kiiler, but that is what you get for such a great responsive sharp display!

In fact I find myself using Moon reader (with white on black text) to do my reading (mostly plain text files).
    I even tern down the text brightness further (gray text) when reading at night!

Quote Originally Posted by craigevil View Post
    Try using JuiceDefender, other apps like AdjBrightness, AndroidAssistant, Autostarts, AutoKiller Memory ptimizer can all help.
    Ditto... been using JuiceDefender it's upgrade UltimateJuice for a year now. Does wonders for my battery life. I does have some very sophisticated settings and can take a while to learn all the features, but it is very useful in the default installation. I highly recommend this app.

https://market.android.com/details?i...defender&hl=en
    https://market.android.com/details?i...atejuice&hl=en

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Y ST-5360
    many factors can affect battery life,

battery drains faster when this are on
    1. wifi
    2. bluetooth
    3. gps
    4. auto sync.

other factors
    1. no signal or below 3 bars
    2. backlight too bright
    3. using phone often

download android apps and games only on http://www.iplaygalaxyy.blogspot.com