Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II

how to run an unlisted application

hello , another n00b question.

how can i run an application (i.e terminal emulator) that is installed on my device (according to settings->applications->manage application->all)
    but that is not listed on desktop or anywhere else.

how can i add a shortcut for it on the desktop in order to run it?

another question , why does that app refuse to show up on the app search although it's supposedly installed ?
    third question , what is the default way to remove apps from the system?
    settings->applications->manage application says it removes and manages apps but when i try it lists all supposedly installed apps (quite a lot actually) but only allows me to see the stats for that app (i.e size , cached data ) and things like force stop but no removal or starting ..

thanks in advance
    Last edited by entz; 08-01-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Do you have this application when you long press on desktop and select Shortcuts/Applications? About third question, some applications cannot be removed they are integrated into rom, you need custom rom to do that.

Hi...what is the make and model of phone, carrier, and is the phone unlocked? As eSelix says, a long press on the home screen and mapping a link to the custom app you want to launch should work. You may have to force a reindexing to have it show up in a in-device search...just rebooting the device may get you some of the way there on this one. Having a pure clean Android install on your phone may make a difference, if you are having problems. Depending on your version of Android, and if your device or carrier has skinned it...for example if you have a Samsung Galaxy running Android 2.1 or later you should be able to go to settings>Applications>Manage applications>click app you want to remove>click the Uninstall button...that said, eSelix is right that some apps are in ROM and cannot be deleted without flashing the ROM