root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

BI INTELLIGENCE FORECAST: Google Glass Will Be An $11 Billion Market By 2018

Google Glass is an attempt to bring smart eyewear to the masses.

Google is aiming for an early to mid-2014 debut of the gadget to the general public. Despite the clunkiness and awkwardness of the early beta version of Glass, we think computerized glasses will become a mainstream product.

We at BI Intelligence expect unit sales of Glass to climb sharply in the next few years, to 21 million units in annual sales by year-end 2018. At $500 per unit, this equates to a $10.5 billion annual market opportunity. We believe this to be the most likely size, but we provide high, mid and low-range sales estimates that could result develop based on a number of factors.
    More at business Insider...

--jeremy

This looks great but what about the wireless connection? If my current provider holds true to the same pattern they have exhibited for the past 4 years or so I won't be able to buy a pair until GLASS becomes a 11 b market! I have a Google phone and it is great but the provider is a PIA! What if anything can Google do about the connection? The device will only be as good as the connection.