See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Bluetooth file transfer to PC never works !

Hi there,

I am using HTC phones and my PC running on Linux, I want to transfer files between them but I find it almost impossible to do. I first try direct cable connection, I enabled USB debuging on the One X, and this turns the phone into mass storge and I can transfer files, but on the One this won't work, I can't browse the phone via the PC for unknown reason, the new Android system removed the Mass storge support option, replaced with a new so called smart USB mode to determine connection type, prevented normal USB connection is all to blame !!

I then try Bluetooth but it craps even more, I can't transfer a single file although the phone is paired with the PC without problem, the transfer simply failed without explanation, but I can transfer files between Android devices, and my PC no doubt has a working BT so who's to blame !?

End up I use email to send files from my phone to PC, this is really stupid but I've no choice, any comment ?

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    Android versions greater than 4 have switched from USB mass storage to MTP (or PTP). Ubuntu 13.04 should support this out of the box, but if you're using an older version you should be able to get it to work with a little effort. What version of Ubuntu are you currently using?

--jeremy

Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster

Bluetooth file transfer to PC never works !

Mint 14, which is base on Ubuntu 12 if I remember right.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    If you can use Ubuntu 12.10 ppa's in Mint, this should help: http://www.webupd8.org/2012/12/how-t...-go-mtpfs.html

--jeremy

Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster
    Great find will try it thanks a lot !
    Btw I wonder why my last phone the One X did mount properly although slow, it is also running on 4.x , and if I remember right, winxp mounts no problem out of the box.

I want to find exact this post and very reasonable postings

Device(s)
    LG Maximo L4 E440 Android 4.1.2
    If use Linux, Ubuntu or any derivative, you can install gMTP, and you can acess the phone memory or the SD card, just do:
    $ sudo apt-get install gmtp, and that is all.
    I use in my PC Ubuntu 12.04, and my phone uses Android 4.1.2, and I connect it easily

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes i want to find this ans and thanks for informative posting

I Am also facing the same issue with my lenovo laptop with windows 7 professional please help and guide me.

thanks in advance.