root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

New BETA Feature - User Tagging, Hash Tag Support and Quote Notification

We've enabled a couple BETA features on an interim basis and we're interested in feedback on what you think of them here (and potentially across The Questions Network).

User Mentions
    These allow a user to be notified when they have been mentioned in a thread. They work very similar to the Twitter system by adding a Ď@í symbol in front of a userís username. As an example, @bennypr0fane recently asked a question about ad-hoc wifi networks.

Hash Tags
    You can now subscribe to any number of #hashtags and be notified when one is used in a thread.

Quote Notification
    We've also added the ability for you to be notified when you're quoted in a post.

Thanks for the feedback.

--jeremy

Device(s)
    CMX Rapax LE 070-0508
    I think it's neat, but I don't have any experience with forum features like that so far.
    I imagine it should be very useful
    a) if you're trying to gather knowledge about a very specific topic (hashtags).
    If that hashtag is too generic though it'll probably flood you with notifications, no?
    b) to see if your activity on the forum has any effects besides you getting help with your own issues (quotes&mentions).

Some people might find it creepy, I guess? I did not.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
    Some people might find it creepy, I guess? I did not.
    Each featured can be disabled individually in your UserCP.

--jeremy

If I only had a Chromebook to play with I would be bit more useful, although I believe that I can help many others without ever using one

Thanks again, this is awesome! Will make a lot of things easier, always improving the site.