Unhappy desire downgrade without root?

i really need help. for ages i had waited for htc's gingerbread for desire (g7, bravo), and when it came out at the start of august, i quikly updated my desire wihtout thinking. i was really dissapointed cos htc hadn't changed anything but the speed, so i decided to root it and get custom rom, but i couldnt.
    i've tried rooting it with unrevoked, superoneclick, and making a goldcard, but i cant.
    i've tried to downgrade (without root) using, passimg.zip, and i tried putting a custom rom without root, it didnt work.

i want to downgrade to whatever as long as i can root my phone afterwards or even before.
    software number: 3.14.405.1
    HBOOT version: 1.02.0001
    BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-OFF(can someone tell me what is the difference between s-off and s-on?)
    RADIO-5.17.05.23.
    im new to these forums, so if my questions a little too long, please tell me.

ok, no replies, but its ok, i solved it.
    i downloaded the froyo RUU and ran it, it worked!
    Last edited by mohammad98; 08-09-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad98 View Post
    i really need help. for ages i had waited for htc's gingerbread for desire (g7, bravo), and when it came out at the start of august, i quikly updated my desire wihtout thinking. i was really dissapointed cos htc hadn't changed anything but the speed, so i decided to root it and get custom rom, but i couldnt.
    i've tried rooting it with unrevoked, superoneclick, and making a goldcard, but i cant.
    i've tried to downgrade (without root) using, passimg.zip, and i tried putting a custom rom without root, it didnt work.

i want to downgrade to whatever as long as i can root my phone afterwards or even before.
    software number: 3.14.405.1
    HBOOT version: 1.02.0001
    BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-OFF(can someone tell me what is the difference between s-off and s-on?)
    RADIO-5.17.05.23.
    im new to these forums, so if my questions a little too long, please tell me.

ok, no replies, but its ok, i solved it.
    i downloaded the froyo RUU and ran it, it worked!
    Thank you so much for this idea man! I had the same problem. Tried everything includinghttp://revolutionary.io/. Ended up with a CWM 4.0.1.4. and S-OFF, but could not mount sdcard to flash anything.

I used
    Code:
    RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_159811_signed
    to make things work again. Then successfully rooted using unrevoked 3.

Last edited by Quillin; 11-05-2011 at 12:47 PM.