How do I determine if I have 16GB of actualy storage on my Tablet?

I am new to this game of Android Tablets so please bear with me. Am a computer person so do know a bit about these things just new to this OS. On the settings of my Visual Land tablet I checked my Storage. The tablet was reported to come with 1GB of memory and 16GB of drive space expandable to 32GB with a micro card. All well and good.

HOWEVER, when I open the settings on the tablet itself, and click on storage it says 1.15GB with 272MB used, 895MB or so available. Does this mean my tablet did not come with the advertixed 16GB of space? I can find nothing to tell me what the 4.04 OS uses is terms of space or if this storage button on the OS is showing me the actual size of what I have and what I have left. SO looking for an answer on how to know what I have available and what I have purchased is it a pig in a poke or not? At least with windows I can always do a properties on a folder or drive to see the space used/free. But Android 4.04 doesnt seem to have that option. Please help.

[QUOTE=mstavale;3970] The tablet was reported to come with 1GB of memory and 16GB of drive space expandable to 32GB with a micro card. All well and good.

You may need to mount the SD card maybe just pop it out then back in is all you need to do and it may showup

Last edited by blueeagle69; 09-04-2013 at 11:07 PM.