See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Tethering Nexus 7 to Galaxy S3

I am considering tethering my Nexus 7 (Android 4.3) to my S3 (Android 4.1.2). I have searched for information on the web for the phone, tablet and
    phone network provider, which does allow tethering on my plan.
    I have found that the tablet can be tethered using WiFi, Bluetooth or USB cable. Also the information that I have found
    seems to apply to using the phone WiFi connection for Internet access. This is fine, but if there is WiFi access then the
    Nexus can be used with its own WiFi connection. I was wondering if this tethering could be used to access the phone
    3G Mobile Data Internet connection (unlimited data) for when there is no WiFi available. If so, is there any advantage to tethering with
    Bluetooth compared to WiFi ?
    Please excuse the probably simple request, but it is something I have not thought of doing before and cannot find the
    relevant information.

Original Poster
    Ok, I have sorted it.

How did you do it? I have the same setup?

Original Poster
    I use the phone as a WiFi hotspot with 3G for data access. Then connect the Nexus to the phone WiFi the same way as connecting to any wireless router.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by scbs29 View Post
    I use the phone as a WiFi hotspot with 3G for data access. Then connect the Nexus to the phone WiFi the same way as connecting to any wireless router.
    Thanks,
    Now I know where to start!