See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

A browser that allows you to set the identity of the device?

I have a Flytouch 2 Android pad. It works great for most of what I do with a couple of exceptions. One is that while it has great (1080p) screen resolution, when it goes to many websites (like weather radar sites, for example) they identify it as a mobile device and automatically adjust the screen to accommodate tiny little cell phone screens or transfer sizes. My pad will take the whole real images sent to classical PCs.

It is frustrating to have a device that will show streaming HD content have an image that looks like an old PCjr CGI pic. Perhaps a browser that would let me say what device I am would help. I have found 3 more on the Android Market (Opera Lite, and 2 more) but none let me specify the machine identity. Any thoughts?

thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000N

Dolphin

Have you tried Dolphin HD? It lets you choose between Android and Desktop identities.

1 members found this post helpful.
    So many systems... so little time.
    [TAB] Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000N
    [ROM] BOCA Secret Agent by dizgustipated
    [KERNEL] CM7 Beta by HumberOS

I have tried Dolphin, but not Dolphin HD. I will give it a try. That sure sounds like what I am hoping for. Thanks.

Can definitely confirm that Dolphin HD allows you to change device ID. I use it to watch Daily Show episodes on my Dinc2 that won't show on mobile.

...and thank you for that info!

Well, Dolphin HD from the Market did the trick. Much better experience browsing now. Thanks for yout help.

bill

Device(s)
    ZTE Blade
    Glad you got it sorted out.

Dolphin Browser Mini also lets you set the user agent in Toolbox / User Agent. It has 4 options: Android (default), Desktop, iPhone, iPad.

Desktop user agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_5; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.20.1

1 members found this post helpful.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Dolphin HD set for Desktop works well for me.