Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

A better mapping apps ?

Hi there,

I've been using Android for couple years now, and I am quite satisfied with it, except that Google keep changing things unexpectedly, and not all changes are welcome, sometimes the changes actually made things worse, harder to use, I specially hated to see the changes on the desktop version of Gmail that keep hiding things away.....etc... On the phone and tablet I am more used to the original design of the Map, I keep uninstalling the updates in order to use the old version, there is no way to only disable the updates of certain apps. On the other hand I heard of other great mapping apps like the Nokia HERE, but here is no Android version yet, anyone know of any other similar Maps I could use on Android ?

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    I haven't come across a better mapping app, but you can disable auto-update for single apps in the Play Store via the settings menu.

--jeremy

Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster

A better mapping apps ?

Thanks, I thought I can only disable update all apps, the new map has very limited offline cache size make it quite useless to me, that's why I want the old one back.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    The offline cache size should be nearly unlimited from what I can tell.

If you're using Maps version 7 you can pre-load an area of the map you need offline simply by going to that area in the app and typing “OK Maps” in the search box. That area will then be pre-loaded to your device cache and accessible when you don’t have a connection.

If you're using the newest 7.5, there is a "Make this map area available offline" option at the bottom of the search area.

--jeremy