Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Android backup and restore question

Hi there,

I got couple different devices and I enabled backup to Google, so that supposedly my settings will be restored after I reset the device, or install a new device, but I found only my calendar, contact and other Google related apps restored, rest of the system and user apps are not restored not even the stock email settings, but I got a near complete restore last time I reset my HTC One X, most of the user apps are reinstalled, but still the stock email setting is not restored I don't know why, what the backup actually does ? will it work on new device ?

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    The stock backup will backup most system settings and some 3rd party data, but if you want a full backup/restore you should really be using a dedicated app such as Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro.

--jeremy

Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster
    I found it not the case, I changed few phones over the years mainly HTC, and none of my settings were restored to new phone, or to the same phone after reset, not even the email settings, only HTC's own backup can do it. I don't know how to resume the restore if it is stopped in halfway due to network down, and does the restore works on a new phone of other made ?

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    Not sure what version of android you were on when this happened, but I've noticed newer versions (>=4.3) are much better in this regard. That said, I'd still highly recommend Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro.

--jeremy

Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster
    Thanks for the tip I'll check it out, although the thread is so old I still struggling with the problem ha !

Quote Originally Posted by joboy View Post
    Thanks for the tip I'll check it out, although the thread is so old I still struggling with the problem ha !
    The android device data transfer was a long question, i think it's very convenient to use a mobile phone file transfer and backup app to help. Try Coolmuster Android Assistant, just few simple steps to transfer everything from your phone to computer.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    Not sure what version of android you were on when this happened, but I've noticed newer versions (>=4.3) are much better in this regard. That said, I'd still highly recommend Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro.

--jeremy
    Good to know..Thanks for sharing...

Assistant for Android makes it easy to backup and restore Android phone data on computer. What's more, you can transfer files bewteen Android and computer, manage SMS, contacts and APPs.
    how to backup android contacts

Last edited by Xkoiul; 05-15-2017 at 01:52 AM.