Thread: LQ mobile app

LQ mobile app

Hi, just some background...Every day I try to get to the LQ website and run through the last few pages on the "View New Posts" link. Having bought a google nexus 7 I am trying to view the posts via tablet rather than PC. I find that, on the tablet app, the contents of "newest" posts in "all" categories is different to "View New Posts" on the website.

If I select "new" on the app, am I getting all recent posts? Any differences in the search which compiles these lists?

Cheers

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    In what way are the results differing?

--jeremy

Original Poster
    Hi, hard to nail this one down but there are gaps in the posts on the tablet version compared to the PC version - maybe 2 out of 3 from the PC are not shown on the tablet.

I note that there are no entries from the slackware forum on the "new" list on the tablet while there are 1 or 2 on the PC.

Sorry I can't provide specific details.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    I'll look into it, but without more data it may be possible to track down. Is it possible you're comparing "View New" with "View Latest" (which can and should show different results at times)?

--jeremy

Original Poster
    Being more specific then 11:30am Sydney time:

the first entry on the PC is ."no sound in slackware" - tablet matches that

Next on the PC is "The best of linux for home". There are 8 posts on the tablet before that post appears.

Next on the PC is "10% of Americans...". Not visible on the tablet

On the tablet the 2nd entry is "Can't install ufw firewall" which is way down on the PC - both have 0 posts

Next on the tablet is "care to share" which is way down on the PC, again both with no posts.

So it looks like the 2 displays contain similar entries but in a different order. Is there a way I can grab a screen shot a google nexus 7? In which case I could snapshot and post a comparison.

Cheers

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    Thanks for the update. To take a screenshot, press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time and hold them for a second.

--jeremy

Original Poster
    OK. One snapshot from PC one from tablet. Enjoy

Can you actually see these files? They are png files on my PC but have been converted to jpg!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by timl; 03-11-2014 at 07:50 PM.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    They got scaled down a bit too much to be useful. Would it be possible for you to email them directly to me?

--jeremy

Original Poster
    sure, to the androidquestions email add?

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    Got the screenshots and we'll take a look. Thanks again.

--jeremy