Android vs Apple/iOS

Greetings to All,

This is my first trip to AQ. While I'm not really all that active on LQ, I have been a member there for some years. For my first post here, I wanted to posit my theory about iPhone, iPad and iWhatever users. Hey, if you listen to Rush, you've heard him gloat about his "Limbaugh Theorem?" Well, let me introduce the Melton Theorem about Apple fans.

If your first true "smart" phone was an iPhone, you'll probably not only stick with them; you will also pity all others who have phones of "lesser quality." You'll think you have the greatest device on earth and pity those who must try to "get along" with other, "inferior" devices. Luckily, my first smart phone experience was with an HTC Touch, then an HTC Evo. After my Evo contract was up, I decided to find out what all the hoopla was about with iOS and iPhones so I sprung for one. In fact, I purchased my first tablet at the same time which was, of course, an iPad. I was never really fond of either and became even less so as the two years dragged on. I almost immediately missed the greater flexibility and easier configurability of the other phones I had owned. As soon as my two-year contract was satisfied, I immediately purchased a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy tab 3. I am currently living happily ever after.

My theorem is that there are likely many others out there who regretted straying and have likewise, returned -- or [will] return -- to the Android "fold."

What do you think?

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    Anecdotally, the latest crop of Android phones (HTC One, Galaxy S5, Nexus 5, etc.) seem to be the first wave that consistently have the people I know who use iPhones seriously asking about Android devices (and genuinely considering switching).

--jeremy