Failing to build xt_DSCP.h: No such file

Hello,

I've created a case sensitive partition on my mac (OSX 10.9.2) set up a build environment and downloaded the master branch of Android. When I try to build I'm failing with the following:

external/iptables/extensions/../include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_ECN.h:13:37: fatal error: linux/netfilter/xt_DSCP.h: No such file or directory

Has anyone run into this and know what the solution is? Is this the right forum for this kind of question?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

P.S. Total newb to the android build environment.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    Is the file "xt_DSCP.h" in the source tree? If not, is "xt_dscp.h"?

--jeremy

xt_DSCP.h is not present xt_dscp.h is.

Thanks for your reply Jeremy,

I did find xt_dscp.h but not xt_DSCP.h. In one post on the web I found that xt_DSCP.h is simply an include of xt_dscp.h. To get the source to build I simply copied xt_dscp.h to xt_DSCP.h. I'll likely try to find the correct file or just create one that does the include. Having done that the build did complete apparently without error though I've yet to try the build product.

One note about my build tree is that when I did my download via repo sync I accidentally downloaded it onto my case preserving but case insensitive standard Mac filesystem. When I tried to build make figured out it was on a case insensitive filesystem and balked and I copied the tree from the case insensitive filesystem to the correct case sensitive filesystem.

Is repo smart enough to realize that one is downloading to a case insensitive filesystem and perhaps omit files like xt_DSCP.h that are obviously meant for case sensitive filesystems? Does that perhaps mean that some other files weren't synced?

Thanks for your time.

Jerry Lane

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    repo is a repository management tool which is built on top of git. You can control the behavior of git in this context with core.ignorecase. From the man page for git:

If true, this option enables various workarounds to enable git to work better on filesystems that are not case sensitive, like FAT. For example, if a directory listing finds "makefile" when git expects "Makefile", git will assume it is really the same file, and continue to remember it as "Makefile".

The default is false, except git-clone(1) or git-init(1) will probe and set core.ignorecase true if appropriate when the repository is created.
    --jeremy