Can't keep battery charged using navigator app

Even if I plug the phone into a car charger, the battery dies when I use the navigator app. I have a Prius and am wondering if maybe the charger isn't as strong as others because of the way the Prius works. Anyone have any ideas?

Dies after what time from diconnecting from charger? How long you charge it? Do you get inormation that it is fully charged? And it behaves otherwise if charged by other power adaptors?

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    If your phone is powered down, does it pop back into operation When you plug the prius charger into it?
    Do you get the battery charging indicator what is plugged into the prius charger?

Device(s)
    Kyocera Brigadier Dell Venue 8
    I've ran into similar problems. See if the phone is really warm. Hanging up on the window in the sun, running navigation with the GPS and data going constantly it gets really warm and the charging is shut off to help shed some heat. I seem to have mostly fixed my issue by using a charger limited to 700mA (elgo or some such brand 12v plug to USB adapter) so it doesn't charge at the full 1000mA and seems to create less heat.