See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Question Can I transfer data from a Nokia 7230?

My wife has bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace Style to replace her Nokia 7230 which still works but discharges the battery in less than a day, even switched off.

Vodafone were able to transfer her contacts but said they could not transfer Calendar data and SMS messages.

I haven't been able to find any useful info via google. Does anybody know if what I want to do is possible and how to do it?

Thanks

dc

Quote Originally Posted by froidger View Post
    There is a program called MobileTrans, which is capable of transferring contacts, sms, photos and media library from one mobile phone to another, supporting iOS, Android, Symbian and Blackberry. Here is a step by step tutorial on how to transfer things from Nokia to Samsung Galaxy. Hope it helps.
    Thanks for this. I think that the Nokia expired completely shortly after I posted the question. However I shall see if I can resurrect it.

Would you know, if I try to run this software now, will it destroy data already on the Samsung?

You can transfer your SMS from Nokia to PC and then transfer your SMS from PC to Samsung device. This would be the easiest way.

Davefai, do let us know that the solution given by Hopesnb worked or not?

Appliconic.com

Ok, to wind this up:

I managed to get the Nokia up and running again by the simple expedient of letting it alone for a few weeks. This sometimes works, temporarily, and, I think, is due to a capacitor "healing" itself.

These is a Program called Nokia PC-Suite which is somthing like Samsung Kies in it's current form (v8). I was able to transfer everything except the archived messages. It will not touch these.

However v7 of this program is able to export the archived messages to a .csv file. However v8 declares the file to be invalid or corrupt. I was able to open it in a spreadsheet. I tried to fix it (comma chaos in the csv file) but that didn't work.

Note that if you google for transferring the archive off a Nokia you will find that apparently Nokia forgot they had one!

So the present situation is:

Calendar and contacts transferred to Microsoft Outlook. Messages except for archives are in Nokia Suite files. Archived messages are in a spreadsheet. Vodafone had also managed to transfer the contacts directly to her new Samsung, but nothing else.

I have not tried transferring any the the stuff from PC to Samsung as she wants it for archival purposes rather that online.

Hope this helps somebody else.

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, I am afraid other than contacts I don't think other things are going to work out as nokia symbian devices are like expired from the market a long time ago I would say if the sms are way more important then you keep that device at some safer place or you can send a copy of that message from nokia to the samsung and calenedar I think you have to edit things manually !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Hey there, Please check this following link :- http://www.howtobackupcontacts.com/nokia_7230

I hope this will help you out in transferring your data.