May I ask a question about Android here?

I am a student and I have to do an experiment about software stress test.

I installed Android emulator on Ubuntu to simulate an Android equipment.
    The experiment should be conductinig stress test on one or some applications.
    At the same time, I need to obtain the memory variation of the Android emulator(especially free memory).

I am considering using awk of busybox to get information from /proc/meminfo of the Android in the adb shell.
    But I failed to write a script to get these information periodically.For example, every 10 minutes.
    I am sorry that my English is not good enough.
    I meant that I can get the memory information by input "cat /proc/meminfo" in the adb shell.
    But I need to get the information repeatly, e.g. 1 for a minute.
    I don't know how to compile and save a script in the adb shell or ourput the log file into Linux's folders.

Before this experiment, I wrote an script to measure the memory information of a Ubuntu system, like this

Code:
    Code:
    LOG_FILE="output of sysmon.csv"

echo "ElapsedTime,Buffers(kb),SwapCached(kb),SwapFree(kb),Mapped(kb),MemFree(kb)" > "$LOG_FILE"

ELAPSED_TIME=`date +%D:%H:%M:%S:%N`      #hour, minute, second, nanu second
    PERIOD=184                            # seconds

while :
    do
      Buffers=`awk '/Buffers/ {print $2}' < "/proc/meminfo"`
      SwapCached=`awk '/SwapCached/ {print $2}' < "/proc/meminfo"`
      SwapFree=`awk '/SwapFree/ {print $2}' < "/proc/meminfo"`
      Mapped=`awk '/Mapped/ {print $2}' < "/proc/meminfo"`
      MemFree=`awk '/MemFree/ {print $2}' < "/proc/meminfo"`

echo "$ELAPSED_TIME,$Buffers,$SwapCached,$SwapFree,$Mapped,$MemFree" >> "$LOG_FILE"
      sleep "$PERIOD"
      ELAPSED_TIME=`date +%D:%H:%M:%S:%N`
    done
    Could you please give me any suggestion?
    Is there a method to use the script in the Linux shell, but obtaining the memory information in the /proc/meminfo of the emulator?
    Thank you very much!
    Last edited by koshihaku; 09-19-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: the description of the question is not enough

You did not mentioned what exactly "failed". Script has errors? No log file created?

I am sorry that my English is not good enough.

I meant that I can get the memory information by input "cat /proc/meminfo" in the adb shell.
    But I need to get the information repeatly, e.g. 1 for a minute.
    I don't know how to compile and save a script in the adb shell or ourput the log file into Linux's folders.

Is there a method to use the script in the Linux shell, but obtaining the memory information in the /proc/meminfo of the emulator?

You no need to compile scripts, just copy to android by "adb push", make executable and run. Maybe root access and/or S-OFF will be needed for that. But you can also issue on PC commands like
    Code:
    adb pull /proc/meminfo /tmp/android-meminfo
    Buffers=`awk '/Buffers/ {print $2}' /tmp/android-meminfo`
    # and so on...