See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Error

Error

Can anybody help,i have a android rugged phone with sd card,both the phone and the card seem to have plenty of space left have even deleted some old apps,but now every time i try and download a new app it wont let me,say's error there is insufficient space on this device" can anybody please tell me how to solve this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi666 View Post
    Can anybody help,i have a android rugged phone with sd card,both the phone and the card seem to have plenty of space left have even deleted some old apps,but now every time i try and download a new app it wont let me,say's error there is insufficient space on this device" can anybody please tell me how to solve this.

Thanks
    Well, I guess the problem is with the device internal storage not with the SDCard the app doesn't downloads because you are running low with the device internal storage, you need to clean up your internal storage i.e. try uninstalling the apps installed over the internal memory of the device you can or if possible then you can also also try clearing the temporary files store by using some disk cleaner app available. Try Googling out cleaner apps I am sure you will find a number of them available like CCleaner, DuBooster... etc See if that solves your problem !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Thanks for the reply,can't download cleaner app(as of reg post)had cleared internal storage,plus changed settings so any new downloads would go on sd card(which seems to change back to phone) and still won't let me,i don't have as many apps as i did,so i know(plus it shows me) there should be enough space

Thanks for the reply,can't download cleaner app(as of reg post)had cleared internal storage,plus changed settings so any new downloads would go on sd card(which seems to change back to phone) and still won't let me,i don't have as many apps as i did,so i know(plus it shows me) there should be enough space
    Well, that's weird ! Is it possible for you to head over to the settings> storage> and take a screenshot and post it over here ? I don't seemed to be getting why this is happening please take a screenshot and post it over here !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

OK,did screenshot,but can't figure out how to post it here off my phone. Ok, had another look,it is my internal storage,even though apps are meant to be going to my sd card, they are still going to internal,well part is,for eg: FB 32.78mb on sd card,and on internal say's 46.82mb,why would this be? i had just unistall it then downloaded again,and still on internal,if i go into the facebook app it only has a button that say's "move to internal storage" have no idea what to do now,sorry

Last edited by Kiwi666; 10-31-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Screenshot_2014-11-01-14-49-18.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_2014-11-01-14-49-45.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Realized i had to email it and then save to laptop to post

Screenshot_2014-11-01-14-49-18.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_2014-11-01-14-49-45.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Realized i had to email it and then save to laptop to post
    Well, that's a lot of space available for you to download ! I didn't understand why this is happening try clearing the cache and the data stored by the PlayStore and PlayServices app and again try downloading the apps see if that fixes the problem you are experiencing.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Cleated the cache,allowed me to download one app and that was all,might try the other things you said at a later date,just worried might lose the lot

Cleated the cache,allowed me to download one app and that was all,might try the other things you said at a later date,just worried might lose the lot
    No worries take your time ! Let me know if things work out for you

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies