Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how to upgrade 4.3 to kitkat

Hello,

i am using xolo q900s phone and my android version is 4.3 jelly bean,i want to upgrade my android version 4.3 to kitkat os.please guide me how to upgrade my android version.Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_cj View Post
    Hello,

i am using xolo q900s phone and my android version is 4.3 jelly bean,i want to upgrade my android version 4.3 to kitkat os.please guide me how to upgrade my android version.Thanks in advance.
    @Carl_cj Pardon me but I need to correct you over here you are trying to upgrade yor Android version from 4.3 JellyBean to 4.4 KitKat !

So, the good news is that could be done but the bad news is I don't think your vendor is going to update you over to KitKat, but still I would say firstly check for it make sure you are connected with the Wi-Fi Network/Mobile Data head over to settings>about phone>Software Update> Check For Updates and see if there's any update available for you if you see there's an available download it out and keep your fingers crossed that it would probably be KitKat update. but if you didn't see that coming I would say you may need to root your device in order to update. One more thing to look onto is once you root your device means your warranty will get void. So, if you still think that you can take the risk let me know I'll let you know about flashing other custom ROM i.e. 4.4.4 KitKat out !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Carlos View Post
    @Carl_cj Pardon me but I need to correct you over here you are trying to upgrade yor Android version from 4.3 JellyBean to 4.4 KitKat !

So, the good news is that could be done but the bad news is I don't think your vendor is going to update you over to KitKat, but still I would say firstly check for it make sure you are connected with the Wi-Fi Network/Mobile Data head over to settings>about phone>Software Update> Check For Updates and see if there's any update available for you if you see there's an available download it out and keep your fingers crossed that it would probably be KitKat update. but if you didn't see that coming I would say you may need to root your device in order to update. One more thing to look onto is once you root your device means your warranty will get void. So, if you still think that you can take the risk let me know I'll let you know about flashing other custom ROM i.e. 4.4.4 KitKat out !
    Hello,

i check if my device has update or not i t says "Already up to date.No new updates Available".so waht can i do?

Hello,

i check if my device has update or not i t says "Already up to date.No new updates Available".so waht can i do?
    Well, now it means that you need to root your device to update you device ! Is your device still new or you are out of warranty ??? If your'e out of warranty then everything is fine we can proceed with flashing other custom ROM otherwise I would say better would be to rang up a call over the support people seeking answer that did they have plans to update you over to the KitKat ??

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Original Poster
    Well, now it means that you need to root your device to update you device ! Is your device still new or you are out of warranty ??? If your'e out of warranty then everything is fine we can proceed with flashing other custom ROM otherwise I would say better would be to rang up a call over the support people seeking answer that did they have plans to update you over to the KitKat ??
    my mobile is very new i purchased it on oct 3rd.is it safe to update my new phone?

my mobile is very new i purchased it on oct 3rd.is it safe to update my new phone?
    Well, I wouldn't advise you moving forward then maybe you should talk with the support people about this ! You may ask them "Do you have any plans to update xolo over to KitKat" ?? Why I am saying this is because moving forward with rooting will void your warranty so better not to !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Original Poster
    Well, I wouldn't advise you moving forward then maybe you should talk with the support people about this ! You may ask them "Do you have any plans to update xolo over to KitKat" ?? Why I am saying this is because moving forward with rooting will void your warranty so better not to !
    Thanks for ur suggestion.i will call xolo support care.

Thanks for ur suggestion.i will call xolo support care.
    No worries at all ! I am sure they will assist you better on this one !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Original Poster
    No worries at all ! I am sure they will assist you better on this one !
    Now my android version is 4.4.2. 2h back i went to the xolo customer care and i asked about upgrade issue they simply suggest me that download the "Kitkat" version from "Xolo.in" site and copy the downloaded file into sdcard after than check if any software updates it shows the update and click ok button my phone shutdown and automatically starting the upgrade process Now my phone with android 4.4.2.i saw 4.3 and 4.4.2 is same i can't find what is diff b/w 4.3 and 4.4.2.could you tell me what is diff b/w 4.3 and 4.4.2? and how can i customized my phone to original android 4.4.2?

Now my android version is 4.4.2. 2h back i went to the xolo customer care and i asked about upgrade issue they simply suggest me that download the "Kitkat" version from "Xolo.in" site and copy the downloaded file into sdcard after than check if any software updates it shows the update and click ok button my phone shutdown and automatically starting the upgrade process Now my phone with android 4.4.2.i saw 4.3 and 4.4.2 is same i can't find what is diff b/w 4.3 and 4.4.2.could you tell me what is diff b/w 4.3 and 4.4.2? and how can i customized my phone to original android 4.4.2?
    Well, first of all that's great as you have updated to Android 4.4.2 but I didn't get what features are you looking for over your device ??? I am sure the UI must have been changed. Look what happens here is Google puts the source code of Android i.e. 4.4.2 KitKat over to his site and what Xolo people do is they download that source code modifies it according to their own way i.e. they may add their own features ....etc over the ROM and then they pushed that ROM over to your device. Means they are not giving you the Original Android 4.4.2 KitKat they are giving you the modified version of 4.4.2 KitKat which has all the features that Google put over it and as well as it has the features Xolo people put onto. I don't seem to be understanding what exactly you are looking when you talk about KitKat because you said yourself that you have updated over to the KitKat.

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Original Poster
    i downloaded the 4.4.2 kitkat beta version from "xolo.in".now my home screen cannot changed and it was same as the jellybean home screen is appear.only phone contacts apperieng view is changed.i don't want many features in kitkat 4.4.2 but i want total diff menu list and graphics than the jeallybean 4.3.please guide me Thanks in advance.

i downloaded the 4.4.2 kitkat beta version from "xolo.in".now my home screen cannot changed and it was same as the jellybean home screen is appear.only phone contacts apperieng view is changed.i don't want many features in kitkat 4.4.2 but i want total diff menu list and graphics than the jeallybean 4.3.please guide me Thanks in advance.
    well, it seems that you are expecting too much with the KitKat update from the Xolo I would say what you are seeing is just the way Xolo people customise the ROM and you comments do make me say that you don't like their way of customisation. I would say why don't you try using some launcher like Nova, Apex....etc can be downloaded from the playstore they do have free versions available which you can try out. I hope they will help you out in making your home screen just the way you want.

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Did the official update not pushed to your device? For any one who lost their phone data after update, please refer to this tutorial to recover the data being deleted, it helps me a lot indeed.

Last edited by deplsucell; 11-12-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deplsucell View Post
    Did the official update not pushed to your device?
    He pushed the official update manually but the problem is he's not liking those things out !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Original Poster
    He pushed the official update manually but the problem is he's not liking those things out !
    I already installed google now launcher and I also tried more and more launchers like go launcher,smart launcher etc....but still I don't like the feauters in kitkat I want to change android to windows os is it possible to install windows phone os on my xolo q900s device.