Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Sony Xperia Z2 random reboot after Kitkat update

Hi there,

I just updated my brand new Z2 to 4.4.4 which it came with 4.4.2, but ever since the update the phone randomly reboot never stops, usually during boot up if I did not wait long enough to start an app, it seems the phone takes some time to 'settle down', but no such problem before the update, I repair the phone via PC companion 3 times but still the same problem. I heard similar problem people running the update on other phones, so this is not a Sony problem but Google's. I don't think boot into safemode will fix that, coz the phone reboots during the email registration process after reset, any comment ?

Quote Originally Posted by joboy View Post
    Hi there,

I just updated my brand new Z2 to 4.4.4 which it came with 4.4.2, but ever since the update the phone randomly reboot never stops, usually during boot up if I did not wait long enough to start an app, it seems the phone takes some time to 'settle down', but no such problem before the update, I repair the phone via PC companion 3 times but still the same problem. I heard similar problem people running the update on other phones, so this is not a Sony problem but Google's. I don't think boot into safemode will fix that, coz the phone reboots during the email registration process after reset, any comment ?

Well you can try performing a complete factory reset by backing up your data in order to reinitialise the ROM installed, I happens sometimes with users ..... and if the factory resetting still doesn't helps then I would say there might be some bugs over the 4.4.4 update and for fixing that one up you may need to contact support team of sony about the bugs.

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster
    I've done that but no use the same problem, and this is known problem of the new release, hopefully a fix will be available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by joboy View Post
    I've done that but no use the same problem, and this is known problem of the new release, hopefully a fix will be available soon.
    Well, that's great as it doesn't make you the only one having issues I would say keep your fingers crossed for the bug fix update.

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies