Device(s)
    Samsung galaxytab

Samsung Galaxy tab info

Hi. . . . This is all new for me including using a tablet. Can the tablet safely remain indefinitely on
    charge? I only use it at home and it replaces my laptop.

I use Yahoo mail but I've discovered that on forwarding a received email, I can't highlight and delete the previous email addresses or inappropriate text that came with the email, before sending it on. I have
    used the 'select text' option but it is immediately copied to clipboard before I can press delete. I understand that this is a common problem. Can it be resolved or should I use an alternate email program? I do like using Yahoo mail as it gives me the ability to move emails to different files I've created.

Not sure about the galaxy tab specifically, but normally, modem devices switch off charging when the battery is full.

Device(s)
    Samsung galaxytab

Original Poster

Samsung Galaxy Info

Thank you for your answer. It does makes sense that it would cut off after reaching full capacity.

I just checked the quick-start manual for the Galaxy Tab 10.1, and it doesn't say anything about overcharging.

Device(s)
    Samsung GT 10.1

Text selection

Email: Hold finger down on a word, after selection tab arrows show up choose "select all" then "copy", from top of screen. Cancel out of that email compose a new email, hold finger down in body of email till paste button appears then select that button.
    (They need to add "delete" along with the other choices that show up when holding a finger down on a word.)