Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Android updating to newer version - should and how?

    Hi! I have Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and was wondering if i should update devices default Android version 4.1.2 to newer and how it should be done properly - through some apk from gPlay or manually like with Linux on PC? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Well, you are having a tab3 means you should be running Android KitKat I wonder why you still haven't received that update. Why don't you try heading over to your device Settings>About Phone> Tap over the Check for updates button. I am sure updates would be available for you !


    Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies
    website:http://www.rapidsofttechnologies.com/

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13

    Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Carlos View Post
    Well, you are having a tab3 means you should be running Android KitKat I wonder why you still haven't received that update. Why don't you try heading over to your device Settings>About Phone> Tap over the Check for updates button. I am sure updates would be available for you !
    No it came with Android 4.1.2
    I did what you said and still have Android 4.1.2 but everything else updated
    So updating device does not upgrade Android version to newer just updates specific version of it without changing version?


    Last edited by Arcane; 12-30-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: noyb

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
    No it came with Android 4.1.2
    I did what you said and still have Android 4.1.2 but everything else updated
    So updating device does not upgrade Android version to newer just updates specific version of it without changing version?
    try checking for the updates again and see if a new update shows up....


    Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies
    website:http://www.rapidsofttechnologies.com/

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13

    Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Carlos View Post
    try checking for the updates again and see if a new update shows up....
    Listen. I'm not dummie. I updated until nothing left was but still nothing.



  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13

    Original Poster
    Thanks for nothing.

    Here is solution for Windows for those interested:
    1. Download and unzip Odin software: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4a...Odin_v3.09.zip
    2. Download and install Samsung USB drivers if needed: http://www.droidviews.com/android-us...s-huawei-acer/
    3. Download and unzip Android firmware: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-T210
    4. Open Odin and select downloaded firmware in selection(AP)
    5. Connect device in Download mode(hold turn on button+volume down button+home button to start) with cable
    6. Update!

    Voila! After it finishes and restarts you got yourself nice new Android.


    Last edited by Arcane; 01-03-2015 at 11:18 AM. Reason: more

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
    Thanks for nothing.

    Here is solution for Windows for those interested:
    1. Download and unzip Odin software: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4a...Odin_v3.09.zip
    2. Download and install Samsung USB drivers if needed: http://www.droidviews.com/android-us...s-huawei-acer/
    3. Download and unzip Android firmware: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-T210
    4. Open Odin and select downloaded firmware in selection(AP)
    5. Connect device in Download mode(hold turn on button+volume down button+home button to start) with cable
    6. Update!

    Voila! After it finishes and restarts you got yourself nice new Android.
    Well, good one @Arcane that should also work good but let me tell you what I was try to do at the above post is checking if at your region KitKat update has rolled out or not and it seems that nope nothing has rolled out what you have done over here is you have flashed some other region KitKat ROM over to your device ! Good work though now your device officially belongs to some different region !


    Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies
    website:http://www.rapidsofttechnologies.com/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •