See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Question Anyway to unbrick a failed upgrade attempt on an i847 Rugby Smart?

After searching the web for about three days now trying everything that I could find I thought I would ask here. I was attempting to flash a new OS to my smart and it failed with some directory missing error. From that point on it will not boot (samsung logo just keeps reappearing) and although I can get into download mode it simply sits there for hours/days with the "Do not turn off target" message.
    Anyone with similar experience that has any ideas I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Thank you.

Well, yes you can fix it by flashing the stock ROM again over to your device. For that I would say head over to the sammobile.com/firwares get the appropriate stock ROM available download it over to the PC/Laptop also get the latest version of ODIN and use ODIN to flash the stock ROM over the device and once the flashing process completes your device will start working back again !

1 members found this post helpful.
    Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Thank you for the response, Peter. I followed your advice and used ODIN on my PC and got it connected to my phone when in download mode. I used the UCLA version of the image and it actually loaded, formatted and rebooted successfully. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmct1 View Post
    Thank you for the response, Peter. I followed your advice and used ODIN on my PC and got it connected to my phone when in download mode. I used the UCLA version of the image and it actually loaded, formatted and rebooted successfully. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
    No, worries @bobmct1 actually it really feels good when your post helps other in solving their problems! I am glad that my post has helped you in fixing the problem you were encountering ! Enjoy working with your device now and also let me know if there's anything more I can help you with !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies