Thread: Rooting android

Rooting android

I am using Micromax A120 android kitkat4.4.2.I have rooted my phone previously by framaroot when the os was jelly bean.But after updating to kitkat i am unable to root it by any means.Please help I want to own my device full. Thx in adv

You might want to add a little more information.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Van Go View Post
    You might want to add a little more information.
    Having kernel version 3.4.67 kitkat 4.4.2 Micromax canvas colours2 A120 .thats all the info .pl help it

Quote Originally Posted by shakti_kshamta View Post
    I am using Micromax A120 android kitkat4.4.2.I have rooted my phone previously by framaroot when the os was jelly bean.But after updating to kitkat i am unable to root it by any means.Please help I want to own my device full. Thx in adv
    Well, you can again try rooting your device using the Farmaroot anyway if you have Farmaroot then that's okay otherwise what you can do is get the farmaroot over here: http://d-h.st/01K . Also before proceeding with the rooting, make sure that your device has atleast 75% of the battery and you have allowed apps from unknown sources to install, you can do that by heading over to the Settings–>Security–>Tick on the unknown sources check box.

Now we’ll head towards the way to root your A120

1. Download framaroot and install it over your A120.
    2. Open up the app and select SuperSU from the menu and then choose “BOROMIR” in the next step.
    3. Click on the confirmation popup if appears.
    4. Reboot your device.
    5. All done you’ve successfully rooted your device.

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

I have tried framaroot but this time it is not working showing error#9.

Can't you use a alternative method? a look at http://wasconet.com/best-easy-way-to...ith-framaroot/ suggests that framaroot exploit vulnerabilities on the phone. There is a suggestion that some of these were fixed after jellybean.

One of the easiest methods of rooting is through Towelroot. This option works on most Android devices, (it was designed to root the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5) but not all–specifically some Motorola and HTC devices. Unlike other rooting programs that require downloading and running a program on your computer, Towelroot will root your device by simply downloading and running the app. No computer needed. However, Towelroot will only work with devices that have a kernel bill date earlier than June 3, 2014.
    towelroot

To use Towelroot, you’ll have to enable your device to install apps from unknown sources. This can be accessed by clicking on Settings>Security> Unknown Sources. Now you’ll be able to download apps from outside the Google Play store.

Now go to Towelroot in your phone’s browser and click on the Lambda symbol

Quote Originally Posted by Hopesnb View Post
    One of the easiest methods of rooting is through Towelroot. This option works on most Android devices, (it was designed to root the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5) but not all–specifically some Motorola and HTC devices. Unlike other rooting programs that require downloading and running a program on your computer, Towelroot will root your device by simply downloading and running the app. No computer needed. However, Towelroot will only work with devices that have a kernel bill date earlier than June 3, 2014.
    towelroot

To use Towelroot, you’ll have to enable your device to install apps from unknown sources. This can be accessed by clicking on Settings>Security> Unknown Sources. Now you’ll be able to download apps from outside the Google Play store.

Now go to Towelroot in your phone’s browser and click on the Lambda symbol
    Yup agreed @Towelroot do works great ! Previously I have been using towelroot to get administrative privileges over my device !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies