problems pairing a bluetooth keyboard

i just got an alcatel one touch evolve 2 (5020T)
    and i have a bluetooth keyboard (an I.tech VKB), and i am attempting to pair it with my phone, but it is supposed to provide me with a dialog to enter a pin, which isn't happening, or sometimes a dialog flashes by too quickly to do anything, then it says 'can't pair with VKB;

using an Alcatel One touch 5020T
    firmware version 4.1.2
    kernel version 3.4.0

any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by frieza View Post
    i just got an alcatel one touch evolve 2 (5020T)
    and i have a bluetooth keyboard (an I.tech VKB), and i am attempting to pair it with my phone, but it is supposed to provide me with a dialog to enter a pin, which isn't happening, or sometimes a dialog flashes by too quickly to do anything, then it says 'can't pair with VKB;

using an Alcatel One touch 5020T
    firmware version 4.1.2
    kernel version 3.4.0

any suggestions?
    Did you tried switching the Keyboard on and again off ?? If that still that doesn't helps try switching the mobile device on/off and also make sure that keyboard supports your device ! :O

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Original Poster
    yes i do, and when i click 'pair' the device beeps as if acknowledging a message from the phone, but the dialog that is supposed to provide the pin to typ einto on the device either doesn't show up at all or flashes by so so quickly i cant read it.

yes i do, and when i click 'pair' the device beeps as if acknowledging a message from the phone, but the dialog that is supposed to provide the pin to typ einto on the device either doesn't show up at all or flashes by so so quickly i cant read it.
    Well, some times some devices doesn't allows typing of the PIN and all have your tried using the Keyboard after pairing are you able to type things ?

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Carlos View Post
    Well, some times some devices doesn't allows typing of the PIN and all have your tried using the Keyboard after pairing are you able to type things ?
    yes, i tried, and no luck, i have on occasion seen the window and it had a 4 digit pin to type in, but i couldn't get it to stay up long enough to enter it into the device before the phone times out and says 'can't pair with the keyboard'

yes, i tried, and no luck, i have on occasion seen the window and it had a 4 digit pin to type in, but i couldn't get it to stay up long enough to enter it into the device before the phone times out and says 'can't pair with the keyboard'
    Well, in that case it gives me a feel that the Keyboard you are using to connect with the device isn't compatible. I would advise you to try checking its specification better option will be giving the customer support people a call seeking the question !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies