Having different version of Android on your mobile.

Dear all,
    I'm new to your website so, I was wondering if you could excuse me, if I posted my message in a wrong place of this forum.
    I have an android phone which is Galaxy Pro - GT- B7510. So far the latest firmware released for this mobile is android Ginger bread 2.3.6.
    However, I'm frustrated using this version and that's why I decided to change the Android version. But, as there's no more updated version for this device, I came up with installing Android 4.0.0 which is officially released for Galaxy Star. But I haven't done that yet. Could simply installing this wrong version of android on my mobile cause egregious problems for my mobile including death of the mobile. And if there was a problem can bring the back the previous version of android meaning Ginger bread 2.3.6.
    Or simply can anybody tell me is it possible to install another version of android on your mobile while it's not officially released for yours.
    Thanks in advance.
    With kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by talent_boy View Post
    Dear all,
    I'm new to your website so, I was wondering if you could excuse me, if I posted my message in a wrong place of this forum.
    I have an android phone which is Galaxy Pro - GT- B7510. So far the latest firmware released for this mobile is android Ginger bread 2.3.6.
    However, I'm frustrated using this version and that's why I decided to change the Android version. But, as there's no more updated version for this device, I came up with installing Android 4.0.0 which is officially released for Galaxy Star. But I haven't done that yet. Could simply installing this wrong version of android on my mobile cause egregious problems for my mobile including death of the mobile. And if there was a problem can bring the back the previous version of android meaning Ginger bread 2.3.6.
    Or simply can anybody tell me is it possible to install another version of android on your mobile while it's not officially released for yours.
    Thanks in advance.
    With kind regards.
    Well, I would say for every device the Android is tailored and if you try flashing the Galaxy Store ROM over your Galaxy pro then you may end up bricking your device. So, I would say if you still want to upgrade then you need to find the ROM tailored for your device ! You can try checking the other custom ROMs out like CyanogenMod or Slimbeans one they may have the thing you are looking for but I am not sure about it as it seems that your device is little outdated and I don't think that further more updates would be available to you !

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies