See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Smile HTC Wildfire "too little space available"

Hello!
    I'm the happy owner of a HTC Wildfire, managed after many hardships to install Cyanogen Mode 7 "Gingerbread". Now I cannot use the car mode navigation, tells me: Activity not found. I understood that this is because no Google maps have been installed. Trying to install, the phone complains about too little space. I found out that there is more than enough space in the sd card, but how can I direct the Google maps to install directly to the card? Is there any way to do this, or shall I forget abot using the phone as a navigator? A hint, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by teboil12 View Post
    Hello!
    I'm the happy owner of a HTC Wildfire, managed after many hardships to install Cyanogen Mode 7 "Gingerbread". Now I cannot use the car mode navigation, tells me: Activity not found. I understood that this is because no Google maps have been installed. Trying to install, the phone complains about too little space. I found out that there is more than enough space in the sd card, but how can I direct the Google maps to install directly to the card? Is there any way to do this, or shall I forget abot using the phone as a navigator? A hint, anyone?
    Nope, there' isn't any need of forgetting about the phone as navigator, try tapping over *#9900# the device delete the DumpStat/LogCat file and see if that frees up your device space. And still if that doesn't helps you can try installing some cleaner apps DuBooster, CCleaner to try clearing space see if that helps you in gaining enough space to install google maps over to your device.

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Hello Peter!
    Firstly: Please forgive me for making stupid questions, I am 68 years old and a newbie with this. So, where exactly should that *#9900# be applied, making a "phone call"? That did not take me anywhere. Could you (or somebody) please guide me through this step by step in detail, I'm stuck with this and cannot get any further...

Hello Peter!
    Firstly: Please forgive me for making stupid questions, I am 68 years old and a newbie with this. So, where exactly should that *#9900# be applied, making a "phone call"? That did not take me anywhere. Could you (or somebody) please guide me through this step by step in detail, I'm stuck with this and cannot get any further...
    Well, it should go over the dial pad which you used to make calls but anyway it loos like that doesn't works for you then may be we need to look for something else !! What you can do now is better to get a new SD card purchased move all the files and folder which includes music, videos as well as some of the app over to the SD card once done this should free up little more of the space over to your device!

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Hello again!

My SD card has 1,5 GB free space, only 325 MB are in use, I don't think I have to get a new one for space reasons. The folders (all of them) that are stored in the phone's memory are impossible to move to the SD card, the option "move to sd card" is grey. The phoneś own memory has only 31 MB free, 144 MB are in use. So, I think we'd better admit it, this is a NO CAN DO!

Hello again!

My SD card has 1,5 GB free space, only 325 MB are in use, I don't think I have to get a new one for space reasons. The folders (all of them) that are stored in the phone's memory are impossible to move to the SD card, the option "move to sd card" is grey. The phoneś own memory has only 31 MB free, 144 MB are in use. So, I think we'd better admit it, this is a NO CAN DO!
    Well, in that case !! Did you checked if you stored music files and folder over your device internal storage ??? I would say if it's their then you can try moving it over the SD card ! Also you might want to look onto the application installed over your device I would advise uninstalling apps that you don't use frequently as that would free up some of the space ! Other than that I do have to admit like you said we don't have much option as most of the apps installed at the internal storage which at some point left us with the problem that you are running out of space.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Okay!

Finally found one app that I could do without (hopefully) and now the downloading was a success. Even transferred the google maps to the sd card, and the car mode navigation started without any problem. Now I only have to find the button to click for SOLVED!

Okay!

Finally found one app that I could do without (hopefully) and now the downloading was a success. Even transferred the google maps to the sd card, and the car mode navigation started without any problem. Now I only have to find the button to click for SOLVED!
    That was great !! Also I can see that you have managed to find the solved button ! Cheers again

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies