See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Phone Screen Turns on in pocket

Hi all,

Recently I have noticed that when I leave my phone in my pocket, the home button is pressed and the screen comes on. When I hop on the Battery settings module, I notice that my battery drain considerably faster in my pocket than when it sits idle by me at night.

Is there a setting I can set so that the phone won't wake up until I press the power button to prevent my battery almost being run into the ground on a daily basis? Thanks!

Well, I don't think that home button should be working if your device is locked I would say lock down your device with pin or some pattern lock and you will not experience the same problem as your device screen will only be switched in if you press the power button not by pressing the home button ! See if that works out for you ..

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

You have to close all applications from your smart phone so that this will help you to save battery charge. Because i observed that we often don't close all application and keep smart phone in our pockets then those apps still run and consequently battery low issues we face. I don't think that there are such types of settings that are required you.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Mobile App Development Company www.appliconic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mariaandreson View Post
    You have to close all applications from your smart phone so that this will help you to save battery charge. Because i observed that we often don't close all application and keep smart phone in our pockets then those apps still run and consequently battery low issues we face. I don't think that there are such types of settings that are required you.
    Like the point that your pointed out about the battery becomes low because apps keep running in the background which makes the battery draining faster!

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

I leave my phone running with the same background programs at night and it still drains much slower than in my pocket. Is it still feasible that my battery is draining from pressures pressing the home button and perpetually keeping the lock screen on?

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_2015-01-28-23-29-04.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wagscat123 View Post
    I leave my phone running with the same background programs at night and it still drains much slower than in my pocket. Is it still feasible that my battery is draining from pressures pressing the home button and perpetually keeping the lock screen on?

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_2015-01-28-23-29-04.jpg
    ....lol.... I am not sure but I guess this can be the case battery draining is slower in the night because at night your device sits in a table or flat surface where no one touches the device means all throughout the night your device screen is untouched and I guess if display doesn't lights up means the battery will not drain that much faster while its inside your pocket some how your home key may be pressed because of the sitting and walking etc... which may results in switching the display on and further battery consumption increases and that's the reason why over the above post I have suggested you to lock your device with PIN/Pattern lock as this will only wake the device when you press power button and ..... try doing that and see if that makes a difference and still if you think that its draining fast I think you may need to check your device battery as sometimes it also happens because of the battery problem.

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

I've had a lock key on my phone, but the screen still says on for a good 30 seconds once pressed even if it is just showing the lock screen. Is htere a way I can keep it from turning on if I do something like hit the power button?

Quote Originally Posted by wagscat123 View Post
    I've had a lock key on my phone, but the screen still says on for a good 30 seconds once pressed even if it is just showing the lock screen. Is htere a way I can keep it from turning on if I do something like hit the power button?
    Well, that's weird my device doesn't wake up until I press the power button when I have locked by device with pattern lock or the same ! I don't actually understand what's going with your device ! Although I am not sure about it but may be you can try turning the screen timeout to something like 5 seconds ! See if that makes any difference !

1 members found this post helpful.
    Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies

Eventually I started making sure my phone is no longer left in my pocket, turned off High accuracy GPS mode (an added side benefit is more privacy), and leave it in power saving mode the whole time now. I think a combination of all three factors has prevented the battery from drainging quickly. I also notied that in power saving mode the screen timeout is much lower as well.

Thanks for your help and ideas!

Same thing I would like to suggest, use some pin lock of pattern lock before placing your device to your pocket.