Device(s)
    Galaxy SIII

"Android is upgrading..." message on every reboot

First some background. I recently installed cyanogenmod on my GS3, or at least I think I did. This my first time trying cynagenmod and I borrowed a Windows computer and used the cyanogenmod installer which pretty much does everything on its own. When the install finished, I got the "Congratulations, cyanogenmod is now installed" message. I was expecting to get Android 4.4 (KitKat) but under 'about device', it still showed 4.3. Under kernel version, it shows 3.0.31-1962493 se.infra@R0210-18 #1 Sat Mar 8 19:51:27 KST 2014. It doesn't say anything about cyanogenmod.

My phone is working OK, except my contacts with GMail didn't automatically sync so none of my contacts or phone numbers were on my phone after installing cyanogenmod. According to the GMail account on my phone, all of the sync features are checked and supposedly all synced. Googe calendar did sync. I did a backup before installing but I can't find any contacts in this backup.

So the other annoying thing so far is after every reboot, I get the message "Android is upgrading..." and then its "optimizing 21 apps".

Does anyone know why I get this message every time or how to get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by pilotgi View Post
    First some background. I recently installed cyanogenmod on my GS3, or at least I think I did. This my first time trying cynagenmod and I borrowed a Windows computer and used the cyanogenmod installer which pretty much does everything on its own. When the install finished, I got the "Congratulations, cyanogenmod is now installed" message. I was expecting to get Android 4.4 (KitKat) but under 'about device', it still showed 4.3. Under kernel version, it shows 3.0.31-1962493 se.infra@R0210-18 #1 Sat Mar 8 19:51:27 KST 2014. It doesn't say anything about cyanogenmod.

My phone is working OK, except my contacts with GMail didn't automatically sync so none of my contacts or phone numbers were on my phone after installing cyanogenmod. According to the GMail account on my phone, all of the sync features are checked and supposedly all synced. Googe calendar did sync. I did a backup before installing but I can't find any contacts in this backup.

So the other annoying thing so far is after every reboot, I get the message "Android is upgrading..." and then its "optimizing 21 apps".

Does anyone know why I get this message every time or how to get rid of it?
    Well, I don't think that this message should popup at every restart, it only shows up at the first time when you upgrade or install Android as it optimises the app! but if you are seeing the same again and again then I think there may be some problem while..... did you tried factory resetting the device ??? I would say try doing that sometimes it does help.

Peter Carlos
    Rapidsoft Technologies