Tablet just shows a green partial battery when trying to Power on but never completes...

Yesterday, I was using the tablet (less than 10 days old) and downloaded + installed 2 graphing calculators from the Google Store, surfed a little the web, read my emails & searched for help/articles about certain features of the tablet (Proscan by Curtis, if I'm not wrong). Since the very beginning, I found out that the battery, after been fully charged, was lasting for a too short period of time, say 3 hrs in battery-only mode, not connected to anything.

I don't have the BIG brochure that comes with it as the User's Manual (just a multifolded piece of paper as it would be in the case of a piece of furniture that needs to be assembled 'in situ'), but I remember that reset 'HOLE' at its backside and used it but nothing happened.

I've put the unit to charge again for more than an hour & tried again but everything is the same. Do somebody around have an idea of what;s going on? Personally, I suspect that the battery is old and needs to be replaced.

Thanks for any reply that helps with the above issue!

EDIT: BTW, have no idea why my post looks like a poem. Does anybody can explain this behavior?

RE-EDIT: Now, to my astonishment, after posting the edited version I saw the text all well spaced. Hope it won't happen again because I'll leave it as it might appear...
    Last edited by Benny7440; 03-06-2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Not intended output text format

Maybe you are having a battery problem? hmm, you say it's 10 days old right? hmmm, maybe you can check the warranty stuff and you can ask the store where you get it for a replacement.

Thanks for replying, djnoslee!

I think it was a kind of "glitch" because after I left it recharging for about an hour it worked again fine, as usual. I was thinking as you have done: battery problem ... warranty issue ... vendor replacement.

I think this issue is solved but cannot find a button to state so...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny7440 View Post
    Thanks for replying, djnoslee!

I think it was a kind of "glitch" because after I left it recharging for about an hour it worked again fine, as usual. I was thinking as you have done: battery problem ... warranty issue ... vendor replacement.

I think this issue is solved but cannot find a button to state so...

Hmm, ok, glad you found some idea on why it happened..