Airplane mode comes on intermittently Samsung Intercept

Just got my Samsung Intercept from Virgin Mobile. It several times has gone into airplane mode without any input from me. It just shows an X over the signal strength indicator. It does not show an Airplane Mode icon which is strange. Going to settings allows me to change my wireless features and, inside, is the airplane mode enabled. I can click it off, but sometimes exiting setup and returning to the airplane mode setting shows that it is enabled again. When that hapens, I have to reboot the phone.

This problem has been reported from years back. I would have thougth it resolved by now, but it is not.

Is this a common problem? Is there a workaround? Do I have a faulty phone. It is a 2.2 Android Samsung Interecept.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by larrybum View Post
    Just got my Samsung Intercept from Virgin Mobile. It several times has gone into airplane mode without any input from me. It just shows an X over the signal strength indicator. It does not show an Airplane Mode icon which is strange. Going to settings allows me to change my wireless features and, inside, is the airplane mode enabled. I can click it off, but sometimes exiting setup and returning to the airplane mode setting shows that it is enabled again. When that hapens, I have to reboot the phone.

This problem has been reported from years back. I would have thougth it resolved by now, but it is not.

Is this a common problem? Is there a workaround? Do I have a faulty phone. It is a 2.2 Android Samsung Interecept.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem with a HTC One X. Gose on airplane mode on its own and sometimes I'm forced to restart.