my S5 won't play all flac files - not sure why

Hi,

I wanted to know what people use to play flac files - My phone seems to work as long as the flac file is produced by Audacity, but doesn't work if I've just ripped the file from an official CD using the file system on Linux. I'm using the default players: Google play, and the music player that shipped with the phone. I'm not sure if downloading any software would eliminate the problem.

I'm not sure why this is the case - I am given to understand that the commercial version of Winamp for Android might actually play those files - is this true? Does anyone have any experience with that?

(PS: I'm new here. I tried searching for a thread on this topic - but I keep getting the message "Connection Refused" - with some sql server.)

- 6th.

Playing Flac files....

Quote Originally Posted by 6th_sense View Post
    Hi,

I wanted to know what people use to play flac files - My phone seems to work as long as the flac file is produced by Audacity, but doesn't work if I've just ripped the file from an official CD using the file system on Linux. I'm using the default players: Google play, and the music player that shipped with the phone. I'm not sure if downloading any software would eliminate the problem.

I'm not sure why this is the case - I am given to understand that the commercial version of Winamp for Android might actually play those files - is this true? Does anyone have any experience with that?

(PS: I'm new here. I tried searching for a thread on this topic - but I keep getting the message "Connection Refused" - with some sql server.)

- 6th.
    This might help you:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ayer.anyplayer

Hi guys,

I managed to get my flacs played by the winamp player...

Though I do appreciate the suggestion that was given - it looks super too.