Device(s)
    HTC Butterfly 2 ASUS Fonepad 8

Whatsapp muted by proximity sensor

Hi there,

Wonder if anyone experienced this before.

I am running Whatsapp on HTC Butterfly 2, I keep updating to the latest version it is currently on 2.12.5, every time I listen to a voice recording and my hand covered the senor, or I put the phone into my pocket the audio will be muted or even stopped, this is so far the only app I found have this problem, any idea ?

Device(s)
    Andriod phone and samsung s5
    Try to re-start your phone. If this problem still exists try to reload whats app again hope it helps

Check Mute setting and see whether you can resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by joboy View Post
    Hi there,

Wonder if anyone experienced this before.

I am running Whatsapp on HTC Butterfly 2, I keep updating to the latest version it is currently on 2.12.5, every time I listen to a voice recording and my hand covered the senor, or I put the phone into my pocket the audio will be muted or even stopped, this is so far the only app I found have this problem, any idea ?
    You can monitor the proximity sensor values in order to obtain more information whether your proximity sensor works or not and what may cause the problem as well as to virtually disable the proximity sensor when in calls, made and received and, also, to make the proximity sensor control the screen with the application Proximity Sensor and Screen. There is a good description how tom use the application inside the application.

Here is more information.

How to download and install :

Look for Version 2.0 or higher of Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes.

The application does not require neither root access nor any third party frames nor products.

Here is more information how to download and install the application :

Go to Google Play Store with your device. Click " APPS ". Click the magnifying glass of the search. Type exactly, character by character, :

Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes

PLEASE, NOTE : MUST BE TYPED EXACTLY AS SHOWN, EXACTLY AT THE " APPS " TAB OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE, BECAUSE THE SEARCH ENGINE OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE IS VERY SENSITIVE.

Click on the displayed app with the same name and author to download and install. The application is also available in many other app stores and online which may or may not show after a general purpose search with google.com and a web browser but some forums where the links are posted may show.

READ THE INFORMATION INSIDE THE APPLICATION FIRST.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia M4 Aqua, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenStanleyBayes View Post
    You can monitor the proximity sensor values in order to obtain more information whether your proximity sensor works or not and what may cause the problem as well as to virtually disable the proximity sensor when in calls, made and received and, also, to make the proximity sensor control the screen with the application Proximity Sensor and Screen. There is a good description how tom use the application inside the application.

Here is more information.

How to download and install :

Look for Version 2.0 or higher of Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes.

The application does not require neither root access nor any third party frames nor products.

Here is more information how to download and install the application :

Go to Google Play Store with your device. Click " APPS ". Click the magnifying glass of the search. Type exactly, character by character, :

Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes

PLEASE, NOTE : MUST BE TYPED EXACTLY AS SHOWN, EXACTLY AT THE " APPS " TAB OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE, BECAUSE THE SEARCH ENGINE OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE IS VERY SENSITIVE.

Click on the displayed app with the same name and author to download and install. The application is also available in many other app stores and online which may or may not show after a general purpose search with google.com and a web browser but some forums where the links are posted may show.

READ THE INFORMATION INSIDE THE APPLICATION FIRST.
    Well explained just follow this things hope it work for you j@joboy.

LEO Privacy Guard V 3.0 is the most downloaded and trusted privacy protection tool on all Android markets. It’s the perfect safeguard to keep your phone safe from annoying snoopers. The App introduces a really innovative way to categorize privacy protection across several levels such as :-

Dangerous
    Vigilant
    Normal
    Good
    Perfect
    The app continuously recommends for the appropriate privacy level according to the user’s smartphone’s conditions, so that they may make a proper choice. Particularly concerning the Tapping of text messages and phone records, LEO Privacy Guard 3.0 provides its users full protection and keeps them worry-free.

Check the media volume settings in your phone's sound settings.